F50 File Partitions.

Meowcat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few more questions regarding my F50. It's been working flawlessly so far. My question has to do with the incident partitions on the micro SD card. I know that continuous recording is overwritten as the continuous partition fills up but what happens when the motion and incident partitions fill up? The manual says that files that are flagged as "incidents" are placed in the incidents partition and cannot be over written. What happens when those partitions are full? Will they in fact get over written or will there be a voice warning that the card is full?
Thanks.

They will be overwritten in time, it's important not to have the G sensor too sensitive otherwise they will overwrite quicker. If it's set correctly it should hold plenty of 'Event' files before they are overwritten (Event clips are only 20 seconds) You can always up the size of the memory card if you want to hold more just in case.....

Thanks, Maddog. I haven't had an issue yet but yesterday, I wanted to review some footage from my drive to work. (continuous recording) When I got home, the continuous partition had begun overwriting footage from my drive to work (about 1 hour, total round trip) I have partitions "C" selected so I changed it back to "A" so that I can at least record my entire round trip commute. I'll be getting a Transcend 64gb card shortly.
Thanks, again.

Just be warned aftermarket cards don't all work, Thinkware cameras prefer genuine cards!

Transcend 64GB did not work with my F770, I would if wanting a 64GB stick to thinkware

Back