BlackVue 1CH vs. 2Ch question

dnichols

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm thinking of upgrading my camera...but not sure I want to do the rear camera install right now. I'd like to have the option in the future, so I don't want to buy the 1Ch.

Will the BlackVue 650 -2Ch work properly without the rear camera plugged in?
Assuming the answer is yes...are there any differences between the 1CH and 2Ch version of the 650 besides the ability to run the rear camera?

Yeah i dont think any of the dual channel cameras on the market absolutely demand you to install the rear camera to function.

On the 0906 i was part of the test crew on if you dident install the rear camera you could do 1080 /60 FPS on the front camera alone, where as in dual mode both cameras was "just" 1080 / 30 FPS

I am not sure the 1 channel blackvue cameras are just a dual-channel without the rear camera, it most likely have other chipset that only allow for 1 channel.
The new DR750S.2CH look mighty interesting ( have its own subforum in here but little info as of yet as it is a new model )
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/dr750s-2ch.246/

But why not install the rear camera its just 1 wire you have to get back there, and in my ( granted small car ) it dident take me more than 10 minutes to install the rear camera for the 0906 test camera.

There are several guides on youtube in how to install single or dual channel dashcams.

You might even be in a area with a friendly DCT member that can help, a lot of nice people in here for sure, i am available to any in my area of Denmark needing technical assistance for dashcam installment.

Yeah i dont think any of the dual channel cameras on the market absolutely demand you to install the rear camera to function.

On the 0906 i was part of the test crew on if you dident install the rear camera you could do 1080 /60 FPS on the front camera alone, where as in dual mode both cameras was "just" 1080 / 30 FPS

I am not sure the 1 channel blackvue cameras are just a dual-channel without the rear camera, it most likely have other chipset that only allow for 1 channel.
The new DR750S.2CH look mighty interesting ( have its own subforum in here but little info as of yet as it is a new model )
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/dr750s-2ch.246/

But why not install the rear camera its just 1 wire you have to get back there, and in my ( granted small car ) it dident take me more than 10 minutes to install the rear camera for the 0906 test camera.

There are several guides on youtube in how to install single or dual channel dashcams.

You might even be in a area with a friendly DCT member that can help, a lot of nice people in here for sure, i am available to any in my area of Denmark needing technical assistance for dashcam installment.

Thank you for the reply. I read through the manual and I can see there is a "rear on/off" setting...but I wanted to be certain.

I do plan to install the rear camera. My issue is that I have a large SUV, and because of other issues, I have to route the cable in a way that would exceed the length they give you. I saw much longer "650" replacement cables that would fit, but I'm waiting to see if they do the same with the 750.

I am planning to wait and see what the review are between the 650 and 750, and then make my choice.

Thank you for the offer to assist, but I'm in the U.S.A. (California). Still, your kind offer is much appreciated.

Cheers!

-Dan-

I think the interconnect cable are the same for the older 650 and the new 750 think it say so in one of the product videos in the 750 subforum, so i am pretty sure if you already had a 650 system installed putting in the new 750 would be pretty fast to do as you just need to swap out the camera units them self.

Yeah it would be a monumental swim for me as that's all i can afford if i wanted to go West, and with my age and physical state i would drown before i got 1/4 Mile from the West coast of Jutland.

I think the interconnect cable are the same for the older 650 and the new 750 think it say so in one of the product videos in the 750 subforum, so i am pretty sure if you already had a 650 system installed putting in the new 750 would be pretty fast to do as you just need to swap out the camera units them self.

Yeah it would be a monumental swim for me as that's all i can afford if i wanted to go West, and with my age and physical state i would drown before i got 1/4 Mile from the West coast of Jutland.

We can't have that.
:):):)

Back