BlackVue Website

Yeah, looks like the website is acting up.

I remoted into my home PC and found a direct link to the .exe file in my browser history but it too is taking me to a log in screen.

Hope it's fixed soon. I started trying to d/l the exe file last night and it never did finish after numerous tries. The download speed was extremely slow. I guess that was a symptom. Fortunately I got the viewer downloaded before the website went tits-up.

It's REALLY pissing me off because I just got my DR500GW HD and I want to get it set up and configured ASAP with the most up to date software.

Hope it's fixed soon. I started trying to d/l the exe file last night and it never did finish after numerous tries. The download speed was extremely slow. I guess that was a symptom. Fortunately I got the viewer downloaded before the website went tits-up.

It's REALLY pissing me off because I just got my DR500GW HD and I want to get it set up and configured ASAP with the most up to date software.

Just crank it up with what it has It pays to wait a week and let the bold and beautiful find the bugs in the new Firmware before you do.

The viewer is in the software in the camera so you don't need to download it separately anyway as it installs it on your computer when you set the camera up first time.

There wont be buggar all difference anyway.

Downloads are usually slow on their site anyway but I got it in 7 mins the other night

The site works now, but I would set it up with the revision it came with and then eventually update it when you get know it's working.

Further to my previous post I would say this. You should set up the camera first as it is.
THEN upgrade later.

As received the camera has the software in it and the SD card is blank.

When you first start it up in installs the files on the SD card, not the other way around.

Then you take the card out and do the settings in your PC and load it in the camera and go for a 20min drive to orient the cameras GPS

Then try it for a while It may be Ok as is you don't always find the latest firmware is an improvement as many on here will testify.

I am waiting for a week to see if the latest is bug free as some previous versions have been far from perfect.

Your camera your money up to you.

I'm still sitting on 1.005 and will probably stay put. I am interested in what the new version does to the cameras.

Nothing obvious I would say. Maybe goes a bit quicker on startup but think most of the newer ones were bug fixes more than anything

Last edited:
Nothing obvious I would say. Maybe goes a bit quicker on startup but think most of the newer ones were bug fixes more than anything

1.009 was a really nice update for it improved image quality from 7Mbps to 10Mbps.

1.011 just seems to power it down quicker when you unplug to remove it (from what I have noticed).

Back