stumped

trying to update firmware

downloaded the .bin file straight to a formatted micro SD

when I insert it and switch the cam on it just prompts me to format the card

Its as if it isn't recognising the update file

tried a second card, no difference

Reset the dashcam, no difference

stumped

I thought you had to use Replay3 to install the .bin file to the device. Presume you are trying to instal v21.6 to 512GW? Not sure how other models work.
Alan.

whats replay 3??

Its Nextbases handy little utility that amongst other things will update your device, replay clips showing position on realtime map etc. It does do the update procedure especially useful if you do not have anywhere to plug in a microSD card other than the camera itself.

I thought you had to use Replay3 to install the .bin file to the device. Presume you are trying to instal v21.6 to 512GW? Not sure how other models work.
Alan.
Not necessarily. There is a file on download page that shows steps on how to update FW.

well I plugged the camera into my pc and a blue scree comes up with a message saying " update " which is progress of sorts. Just wondering if I just leave it to update

thanks chaps downloaded replay 3 and its now updating. at last.

If its started defo leave it to complete

well I plugged the camera into my pc and a blue scree comes up with a message saying " update " which is progress of sorts. Just wondering if I just leave it to update

It took me about six attempts before I succeeded as well. No consolation, but I know how it feels.

You have to action the update on the Replay 3, just selecting update won't do anything.

Always get in touch if something isn't working right and we can talk you through it, it can either be done with a card reader or with Replay 3.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Decking 512GW 1
Bugsy 512GW 3
T 512GW 3
Jonah 512GW 15
A 512GW 14
Back