posting pictures

The easiest way, if you're not familiar with the likes of Imgur is to use the insert image function

If you look at the row of icons when you're typing it's the picture icon between the 'chain' and the smiley face

Hi laflaone,
Welcome on board.
You could use an image/file hosting site, as "Kremmen" mentioned.
Just be sure to remove any personal info.
Reduce the images to around 600 x 500 in your favourite image editor.
Here's the one that I use...
From > https://www.faststone.org/
Choose > FastStone Photo Resizer v4.4. (It's free with heaps of features.)

Use any of the free Hosting sites, such as...

> https://imgbox.com/
> https://imgbb.com/
> https://postimages.org/ (This is an easy site to use. Select "Hot Link for forum."
> https://www.imagebam.com/

Last edited:
With the cursor in the field you type in you can press CTRL + P, that will open a box that give you 2 choices

1: BY URL / link to a picture elsewhere
2: upload a image from your own computer / devise, here i would advise you downsize any pictures from a huge phone camera sensor, CUZ the site will also so it but i think its more polite to do it yourself.

You can use windows paint to downsize using the Resize button , i most often downsize phone pictures to 30 % myself

A picture on your computer just make it active R click on it and choose open with and then choose paint.

Thanks for your suggestions. If I post a pic, you will know I was successful!

To pick up the address to a picture on some other site, you just right click on it and then choose " copy link to picture " or that is what its called in my Danish language windows translated to English.

The as of today new Danish king AKA hood ornament as the king have no say in anything here.

imagescaler

As i recall he is 1 year younger than myself, but then he have passed the special forces frog man course here,,,,,,,, THAT i have never been in a physical or i suppose mental state to do, CUZ those guys,,,,,,, top notch on any metrics you like to use.
It is the kind of guys we some times send to seal course, and if they do not finish top 3, its a embarrassment.

iu

To pick up the address to a picture on some other site, you just right click on it and then choose " copy link to picture ".

Kamkar......As someone who has had professional involvement in building websites, you should be aware that the practice you recommend of linking directly to content on other websites is frowned upon by web developers, especially when posting to forums or other sites like this one that may get a lot of traffic. The reason is that you are basically stealing bandwidth from other websites that they ultimately have to pay for. This has become less of an issue than it used to be as bandwidth has increased over the years and prices have come down somewhat but it is still of concern to many web site owners and many forums I've been a member of strictly forbid it. The practice is known as "hot linking" or "inline linking" (and other names) and there are other concerns about how it is often used such as copyright infringement and malicious use of other's images.

I've seen you do this many times before and never said anything about it, but now that you are publicly advocating that others engage in the practice I thought I'd speak up about it. :)

Last edited:
O yes i have linked, probably more than anything else, CUZ i feel DL a image only to UL it elsewhere is annoying even if i have band with many can still only dream about.
TBH i never really considered the ramifications of sharing one way or another, nor band with or copyright questions.
Someone asked permission to use my latest YT upload where a woman reverse into me, that i never expected, but i suppose he is using it in a somewhat commercial way on his channel, anyway i of course said go for it CUZ otherwise i would never have uploaded it or anything for that matter.

In general i do feel people should have what they are entitled to, also if by some miracle their hobby become something they can now life off.
i also feel that you should be able to hang your clothe out to dry, and not have it be stolen by others.
The picture above of the king is from DR.dk the Danish public broadcaster, this i and all Danes pay towards with no chance of not doing that, so i feel i have paid plenty for the photographer the hosting and the bandwidth
Actually i am amazed i can link to it, CUZ the site is heavily Geolocked, i cant even access it with my VPN even if i am going thru a Danish server, but it seem others are able to get in there using other VPN services to among other things enjoy the concerts of our National symphonic orchestra ( also funded by tax and unavoidable )
And i think that is okay, CUZ i am enslaved to that, and so i decide that what i pay for must be enjoyed by as many as possible, also people not living in Denmark CUZ i am a nice guy.

Last edited:
Nice @laflaone i have often considered placing a camera high on / at the passenger side A pillar.

O yes i have linked, probably more than anything else, CUZ i feel DL a image only to UL it elsewhere is annoying even if i have band with many can still only dream about.
TBH i never really considered the ramifications of sharing one way or another, nor band with or copyright questions.
Someone asked permission to use my latest YT upload where a woman reverse into me, that i never expected, but i suppose he is using it in a somewhat commercial way on his channel, anyway i of course said go for it CUZ otherwise i would never have uploaded it or anything for that matter.

In general i do feel people should have what they are entitled to, also if by some miracle their hobby become something they can now life off.
i also feel that you should be able to hang your clothe out to dry, and not have it be stolen by others.
The picture above of the king is from DR.dk the Danish public broadcaster, this i and all Danes pay towards with no chance of not doing that, so i feel i have paid plenty for the photographer the hosting and the bandwidth
Actually i am amazed i can link to it, CUZ the site is heavily Geolocked, i cant even access it with my VPN even if i am going thru a Danish server, but it seem others are able to get in there using other VPN services to among other things enjoy the concerts of our National symphonic orchestra ( also funded by tax and unavoidable )
And i think that is okay, CUZ i am enslaved to that, and so i decide that what i pay for must be enjoyed by as many as possible, also people not living in Denmark CUZ i am a nice guy.

Well, I am talking about the practice of hot linking in general as it applies to everyone who uses the web or creates content. With all due respect kamkar, your reply comes across as a series of rationalizations about why you believe it is really ok for you to do it. As for who actually pays for the Danish public broadcasting service or the photographer who took the photo of the king or the frogman image, aren't you on a full pension paid for by the Danish government?

BTW, this is a thread about how to post images to the forum. Why are you talking about Denmark again?

Maybe CUZ you can not let some things go, it seem like every conversation that go sideways in here, you are a part of it.
You said your thing, i tried perhaps immature, perhaps ignorant, perhaps linguistic and socially challenged to relate to that, i think we should just let it be.

Maybe CUZ you can not let some things go, it seem like every conversation that go sideways in here, you are a part of it.
You said your thing, i tried perhaps immature, perhaps ignorant, perhaps linguistic and socially challenged to relate to that, i think we should just let it be.

Every conversation? Not so sure about that, but sure, OK. I'm not looking for any conflict with you kamkar, just commenting on your recommendation that I disagree with based on experience and what I've witnessed on other forums.

Last edited:
Just a heads up the Xenforo uses an image proxy for any hot linked images. It essentially stores a local copy of the image and the local copy is displayed when a user views the thread. You can check this by opening up an image that was shared this way in a new tab/window. Should have minimal impacts on bandwidth for the original source.

Feel free to use either the upload or link image options on this site.

Just a heads up the Xenforo uses an image proxy for any hot linked images. It essentially stores a local copy of the image and the local copy is displayed when a user views the thread. You can check this by opening up an image that was shared this way in a new tab/window. Should have minimal impacts on bandwidth for the original source.

Feel free to use either the upload or link image options on this site.
I'm pleased to hear that bandwidth problems are not of concern but there are still other issues to consider with the issue of hot linking. As the wikipedia article states, "The blurring of boundaries between sites can lead to other problems when the site violates users' expectations. Other times, inline linking can be done for malicious purposes." Even when copyright is not a legal issue many creative people are not too pleased to discover their work used in ways they did not intend and/or are not being paid for but where others are using it as content to attract viewers. As a photographer I have found my images used on web sites, in magazines, newspapers and even on television without my knowledge, permission or payment. Web developers could traditionally see who was accessing images on their sites and from where but with a proxy it only makes this more difficult. I no longer post commercially viable images on the web unless it is under contract.

I've learned that once you post a photo to the internet it is usually stolen within 48 hours or less. Once, using Google image search and TinEye I discovered that an image of a giant carrot I grew in my veggie garden and posted to a web forum got copied many times until it ended up on a package of carrot seeds sold by a company in Belarus.

I only use Imgur when there is no local hosting option

If the 'hot linked' site or hosting site has problems (Photobucket a few years ago) then you can end up with no images in historic posts

no images in historic posts
Indeed, years ago i always used a local " file " share host, it was no problem for a decade or 2 but then suddenly it was gone.
Also the same with many of my videos in here i linked to over the time, CUZ i deleted that account a while back, Gmail and later associated youtube i had since google came to be.

Back