wifi connection in the car.

2024tiger

Reaction score
Country
United States
I installed the VS1 with the hk5 hardwire kit and having trouble staying connected with the camera. Most of the time I can't find the viofo ssid. When I was able to connect to it, it cycled between wifi connected and wifi disconnected. If I take it out of the car, the app seems to connect better. Anyone else experience this?

This camera seems to work ok but can't use the app to view when I want to. Any suggestions?

I installed the VS1 with the hk5 hardwire kit and having trouble staying connected with the camera. Most of the time I can't find the viofo ssid. When I was able to connect to it, it cycled between wifi connected and wifi disconnected. If I take it out of the car, the app seems to connect better. Anyone else experience this?

This camera seems to work ok but can't use the app to view when I want to. Any suggestions?
Cameras used with the hardware kit, if you turn off the ignition while wifi is on, wifi will turn off while entering the parking mode.

If you are experiencing this situation, activate wifi after parking.

Also, in general, if no wifi connection is provided, the camera will automatically turn off wifi after about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Welcome to the club.
Please submit a ticket directly to Viofo for assistance.
They’re on holiday, and will return to the office Feb 19;

Apparently, the VS1 doesn't work well in cars with carplay. Waiting to hear from VIOFO if there is a solution.

This is actually a larger problem for the VS1 since it inherently does not have a display as a workaround.

I believe it's CarPlay limitation if you're using wireless CarPlay.

I understand only one connection at a time. But the wifi going in and out without being able to connect long enough to do anything is my problem. I have, in imy phone, diabled all other connections and turned off wifi in the car and problem still occurs.

the wifi going in and out without being able to connect long enough to do anything is my problem. I have, in imy phone, diabled all other connections and turned off wifi in the car and problem still occurs.
In order to isolate / pinpoint the malfunction;
Would you be willing to test the VS1 out of the car, (in your house) with a different device (smartphone / tablet)?
This will remove your car, and iPhone as potential causes.

Hello, I recently bought the Viofo VS1 and I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm using the Android platform and Android Carplay, but not wireless. It works only through the USB cable. I noticed that if I disable Bluetooth or reset the phone, the problem is gone. I tried the camera also in the house, connected to a USB charger and everything works fine.
Occasionally I also get the black screen from the Live-view but this is solved when I enter the settings and just go out.
The Phone is Samsung S20FE
Car Citroen Grand C4 Spacetorurer 2020
The Viofo firmware is V1.0_240307.

Back