Using A229Pro as Rear?

popeyes

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to enhance the recording of the rear side of my vehicle.

I currently own a 2ch A229 pro, is it possible for me to get another A229pro 1ch and plug it into my front A229 pro effectively having front & rear with main A229 pro's?

Would this configuration be possible?

Thanks for the help!

is it possible for me to get another A229pro 1ch and plug it into my front A229 pro
That will not work, but you can have another main unit in the rear, it just needs its own power supply and own memory card, and then you can rotate your existing rear 180° to cover the interior and side windows, or maybe move it to cover the driver's window if your headrests are in the way for its current location.

A question about that: Do i need a second hardware kit 4 for the second A229 Pro or can i use one kit for both cams?
Thanks!

A question about that: Do i need a second hardware kit 4 for the second A229 Pro or can i use one kit for both cams?
Thanks!
The hardwire kits only have one output cable, so can only be plugged into a single dashcam.

Also, the cable is likely a bit short for reaching the rear, so you may need to extend the 12V cables to the rear and mount the hardwire kit in the rear. Always extend the 12V, not the USB cable.

You only need one set of fuse taps, you can very easily crimp two 12V cables into one fuse tap.

If you don't need parking mode on the rear camera then you could just plug the supplied accessory socket charger into a rear accessory socket, if your car has one.

Reactions: Mtz
If you don't need parking mode on the rear camera then you could just plug the supplied accessory socket charger into a rear accessory socket, if your car has one.
This is not possible on all vehicles. Many brands of cars have a constant power supply at the rear socket.

Back