Outside Waterproof Camera (RWC100 A129 PLUS)

Lon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I have a motorhome/RV, the third camera has been useless for me as I dont have a rear window to place it in. I have tried to mount it in a clear plastic box but I could never get it to seal fully.

I've been waiting patiently for the external camera Viofo have been promising for a while but now it's landed, it looks like it's only compatible with the A129 Plus (aaaargh!!!)

Long shot I know but has anyone tried it with a A139 Pro (an obvious contender for an external camera!!)

As I have a motorhome/RV, the third camera has been useless for me as I dont have a rear window to place it in. I have tried to mount it in a clear plastic box but I could never get it to seal fully.

I've been waiting patiently for the external camera Viofo have been promising for a while but now it's landed, it looks like it's only compatible with the A129 Plus (aaaargh!!!)

Long shot I know but has anyone tried it with a A139 Pro (an obvious contender for an external camera!!)
We will release waterproof rear cameras for A229Pro/Plus soon, please keep tuned.

Ahh, but what about for the A139 (as posted above)?
Maybe you could use the A139 Pro 3-CH in a different vehicle, and upgrade to the A229 Pro for your RV.
It's only money right. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Lon
Official response to my Viofo support ticket asking about compatibility;

"Sorry, we are making a waterproof rear camera for new A229 now and do not have a plan for A139 Pro so far. Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

So it looks like the A139 has been abandoned :(

Well these outside WP cameras can not sell very much, so i understand the reluctance to use much money / time on making them.

If it was me i would just put one of the little home CCTV cameras back there, it can act as its own dashcam with a memory card inside, and you should be able to access it VIA wifi from the car.
That way you also dont have to wire all the way back there, though of course a CCTV camera there also need power at least.

Mind you those CCTV cameras probably not as good image quality as a dashcam, but its not like they are a potato either.

Thanks for the response kamkar.

I'm surprised there isn't more demand - especially in the commercial vehicle world - but I guess they know their market :)

I've already wired to the back of the van as I'd been using the supplied rear camera in an IP rated junction box with a clear lid. It was ever so slightly not deep enough and although a took a little bit of plastic off the camera, I couldnt get a perfect seal and water/ condensation got in. I'll persevere with another box as it's really convenient recording all three channels at once, on the same device.

Shame about the waterproof version though :(

The A139 Pro was released December 2022, (15 months ago).
It’s probably going to be discontinued soon, and replaced with a new model.
The A129 Plus was released September 2020, (3 Years 6 Months ago) and they just released its waterproof rear camera so who knows. Lol

The A139 Pro was released December 2022, (15 months ago).
The A129 Plus was released September 2020, (3 Years 6 Months ago) and they just released its waterproof rear camera so who knows. Lol
haha, fingers crossed then!

Probably waiting to see how well the A229 version sells before committing.

I doubt that, it is still a very popular camera among some markets, some people want a no screen dashcam.
The A129 Pro has been available since last decade and is still available!
There may be a new camera on the way, but I don't expect a replacement for the A139 Pro when it is only in its second year.

A139 Pro just got a recommendation from Techmoan ... some people here will remember him:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H A139 Pro 2
Bob R A139 Pro 9
Back