Alert bug with latest XenForo version install

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
@DashCamMan, I keep noticing an apparent bug with the recently installed new version of XenForo and I wonder if others are experiencing it.

I'll suddenly see a red numbered push alert on the upper right hand side of the page over the bell icon that someone posted to a thread I'm following, reacted to one of my posts or quoted me. Sometimes the alert icon suddenly disappears for no reason. Then all of a sudden it might reappear, or it might not right away but eventually it will.

Sometimes, I'll see an alert that, say, someone has quoted me and left a post. I'll click on it and go to the read the post, the alert disappears as it should because I've clicked on it, but then while I'm reading the new post I see another apparent new alert appear. When I click on this apparent new alert it turns out to be a duplicate of the old one I've just responded to and viewed to but it has now reappeared again. (this just happened again and was the catalyst for this report). There are some other quirky alert behaviors as well.

@DashCamMan, I keep noticing an apparent bug with the recently installed new version of XenForo and I wonder if others are experiencing it.

I'll suddenly see a red numbered push alert on the upper right hand side of the page over the bell icon that someone posted to a thread I'm following, reacted to one of my posts or quoted me. Sometimes the alert icon suddenly disappears for no reason. Then all of a sudden it might reappear, or it might not right away but eventually it will.

Sometimes, I'll see an alert that, say, someone has quoted me and left a post. I'll click on it and go to the read the post, the alert disappears as it should because I've clicked on it, but then while I'm reading the new post I see another apparent new alert appear. When I click on this apparent new alert it turns out to be a duplicate of the old one I've just responded to and viewed to but it has now reappeared again. (this just happened again and was the catalyst for this report). There are some other quirky alert behaviors as well.
Similar observations here, mine doesn't clear even after reading a thread (or clicking into it). Used to work fine before but takes some more clicks to clear the number of notifications present now

Similar observations here, mine doesn't clear even after reading a thread (or clicking into it). Used to work fine before but takes some more clicks to clear the number of notifications present now
I saw that I had two alerts and they were the like you left me and your quote of me. After reading your post it still said I had two alerts and they were the same alerts. Reloading the page fixed it.

Glad to actually hear it's not just me because it means it's not something local to my computer or browser. :happy:

Back