how do you take the 550 with you on vacation?

Roger from Orlando

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am going on vacation and will be renting cars. I would like to use at least the front camera in the rental cars. Power can be via the lighter plug, but how can I put the camera temporarily on the windshield or rear view mirror or other wise?

Even if it temporary, I feel the camera needs to be fixed firmly. Else you will see the camera vibrations in video. When it gets warm the camera might fall down too. I would suggest to buy the 3M double-sided tap which can withstand higher temperatures or velkros which can again withstand high temperatures

Just use the 3M command strips. They go on and come off easy

it would be nice for pittasoft to release a suction cup mount.... but until then you might need to fabricate your own.

Go to Walmart and buy a 4 pack of Scotch All Weather Fasteners for about $3.65. Is actually 3 M Dual lock tape under another name.

Thats what I used on the 4 rentals I had in the States. Just pulled the strip on the screen off carefully and it stuck on the next one OK.

Probably still on the last one as I forgot to pull it off . Lasted 9 weeks on 4 cars from freezing in Canada to 104 in New Mexico.

Camera never fell off and didnt vibrate and all images clear and sharp.
I made a longer power cable and routed it up the door seal and above the sun shield and down to the camera In some cars the original may be long enough but I hate wires hanging down from the top of the screen.

Back