05 Chevy Cavalier, Hardwire Install - No Accessory Fuse?

devdev

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just bought my first dashcam (Viofo T130) to install in my '05 Chevy Cavalier...

I managed to get the wires ran and everything without too much trouble. However, when attempting to install the hardwire kit (HK4), I was unable to find any fuses that are only on in accessory mode. In fact, nothing in my car works in accessory mode that doesn't work when in the "Off" position from what I could tell. I'm not a car enthusiast and don't know a whole lot about them in general, is this normal or might there be something wrong with my vehicle?

If it is normal, how do you wire the ACC wire for the hardwire kit so that it'll work correctly?
If it's not normal, any suggestions on how to go about troubleshooting the issue? The car starts and runs fine... it does have an aftermarket Kenwood head unit that's easily 10+ years old; however, I didn't install it so I don't know much about how it's connected. It remains on until the driver's door opens after the ignition is switched off but does not power on in accessory mode either.

Thanks

Does your radio work with the key in the off position? if not then find/use that fuse

Back