0801 battery

Buzzy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi not sure how active forum is been away for a time. Can anybody advise where to get a new battery for this cam as it's now starting to fail had a look around on the forum but could not get the info where to get the correct battery from thanks buzzy

Check the thread a few lines down called failed at -0.5 deg

Thanks for the link on your post you said that you had 3 battery's where they from the eBay site in your post.
Did they not last very long.??

Just ordered the battery's from the link hope they are ok a bit of a wait though .

Yes all from that same seller on ebay. They lasted around a year each.

I've just had to fit another battery to my mini0801 as it lost the time and date while I was away on holiday. That's either the 3rd or 4th time I've swapped the battery now. Camera still working well though.

Have now recieved my battery's from previous edit link fitted and seems ok, any advise on how to keep your spare battery in prime condition how can you keep it charged
Thanks buzzy

Have now recieved my battery's from previous edit link fitted and seems ok, any advise on how to keep your spare battery in prime condition how can you keep it charged
Thanks buzzy

Lithium-ion batteries should be stored at about 15°C (59°F) and approximately 50% charge for best performance and longevity.

See: How to Store Batteries.

How would you get the battery up to 50% to start with ? Would you have to instal into circuit charge device then remove again

How would you get the battery up to 50% to start with ? Would you have to instal into circuit charge device then remove again

These batteries are usually shipped from the manufacturer at about 40-50% charge for the same reasons explained in the link. You can probably just put the spare in a cool dark place (like a drawer) for storage.

I guess you could temporarily hook up the spare battery using alligator clips if you wanted to charge it. The degree of discharge is not terribly critical as long as it is somewhere between fully charged and fully discharged. The concept is to not store it fully charged for longer shelf life.

Back