0803 ringing

Dumber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Still to decide
Hi all. My 0803 arrived today. Worked for 30 mins of the drive home. Then the screen has frozen to its hone page and is now doing a low constant ringing sound. Anyone know what I can do? Please note my name lol. I am not at all techy. Thank you.

when my 0803 had stuck, I pressed power button for 10 seconds and it rebooted.

Thank you both so much. I've found instructions on here, Ive printed off and will take home and read tonight. Hopefully they shall read better than the insructions it came with. :)

If it continues, try reflashing the firmware. That usually fixes it permanently.

Kelvin

Format the SD card sometimes the filesystem becomes corrupt.

I have this problem occasionally. I think it only occurs when I switch the car off, then on again soon afterwards. I'm pretty sure I flashed the firmware and now it is FW20140507 v1.0. The unit is an e-Prance one. It's an infrequent but very annoying problem ... and I can't hold the power button down to switch it off because that does nothing. Any (polite) suggestions, as otherwise this is a great piece of kit!

... and I can't hold the power button down to switch it off because that does nothing. Any (polite) suggestions, as otherwise this is a great piece of kit!
If it is locked up then the power button needs a 20 second press to turn it off and reset it.

If you can connect it to a power source which doesn't turn off while the engine starter is operating then the issue will probably disappear.

I have the same issues with one of my 803 cameras. I have two cameras and only one of them has this issue. As others have mentioned, you just hold the power button down for 15 seconds or so and it will reset.

As a test, I have actually had both cameras hooked up at the same time, in the same vehicle, using separate cigarette lighter attachments, and it's always the same camera that flakes out on me (I've even switched SD cards from one camera to the other, and it's always the same one that craps out). Both have the same version of firmware.

I've seen the same issue several times, the fix seems to be, force reset or wait for the battery to die and then all is back to normal. It's like it crashes while trying to boot, so the sound loops.

Just had this problem for the first time today. Luckily my supercap dies quickly so it was a simply unplug for 10 secs and then plug the camera back in. Still wondering why it's happened now. I have been using it for several months with the same iTracker firmware without a hitch.

Back