0806 still working but upgrade time.

The collector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After several years and two battery changes, my 0806 is still working. The only thing is the card has filled up on two occasions, one being today, the red light stopped flashing and the card is full, not overwriting. I delete files and it works for a good while. Anyway, I might buy a new card as the camera probably works but here on the site looking at a Garmin 57 for reviews etc., I want a small camera, mainly just for video but extras might get used down the line. I have the camera hardwired, turns on and off with ignition, no standby features currently. Hope to use the same cable for power? Prefer a camera with a removable storage.

Would appreciate any other suggestions or pros and cons of the 57. I know there is a Garmin section so have been reading some of the threads. The 57 is around £140, I am OK around that price or a bit more if needed.

Primeday tomorrow, UK based.

Just noticed, this should have gone in the what should I buy section. Please move if possible, thank you.

Last edited:
Consider just getting a new, high endurance SD card, and sticking with what works.

Back