• Thread starter Deleted member 1505
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1505

Last edited by a moderator:
My budget is similar to yours, based on my requirements, of night capabilities, I've narrowed it down to the Dr32 or the Livue/winycam lb100.

Just a shame the price went up on the Dr32.

I concur that the DR32 and the Livue LB100 are the 2 best choices in that price range. If video quality is your main priority, get the DR32. If features and more discreteness is important, get the LB100. Hopefully all the bugs are worked out on the DR32 given the recent price hike :eek:

Best dash cam I ever tested is Dod LS300W pruduced by TioTech which manufactures GT300W.
They are 100% same product with about 15-20% price difference.
Thanks to good CPU, CMOS, WDR, F1.6, & 6G glass lens, night video recording is one of the best and can compete with 2x higher in price premium brands dash cams. High bitrate video recording ( 15Mbps ), MOV, h.264.
On aliexpress Dod LS300W cost about 160usd via EMS / DHL.
GT300W about 140usd EMS / DHL.
Not sure about long term reliability, but after 1.5 month testings my experience is positive, no errors, no "bugs" yet discovered. Also earlier feedback from China and Taiwan users are also positive. Original DOD products ( by TioTech ) has prooven to be reliable.

Only thing is that there is no voice on/off button. To turn volume on/of you have to stop recording, go into menu settings and from there you can operate voice rec on/of, but I dont see it being very important. Most important for me is video quality at night ( dark ) and this dash cam does it well.

Go with TG300W, but try to find seller who has this das cam without any logos / writings on the outside dash cam body / casing. This way your dash cam will be less visible from outside.

Good luck.

niko said:
Best dash cam I ever tested is Dod LS300W pruduced by TioTech which manufactures GT300W.
They are 100% same product with about 15-20% price difference.
Thanks to good CPU, CMOS, WDR, F1.6, & 6G glass lens, night video recording is one of the best and can compete with 2x higher in price premium brands dash cams. High bitrate video recording ( 15Mbps ), MOV, h.264.
On aliexpress Dod LS300W cost about 160usd via EMS / DHL.
GT300W about 140usd EMS / DHL.
Not sure about long term reliability, but after 1.5 month testings my experience is positive, no errors, no "bugs" yet discovered. Also earlier feedback from China and Taiwan users are also positive. Original DOD products ( by TioTech ) has prooven to be reliable.

Only thing is that there is no voice on/off button. To turn volume on/of you have to stop recording, go into menu settings and from there you can operate voice rec on/of, but I dont see it being very important. Most important for me is video quality at night ( dark ) and this dash cam does it well.

Go with TG300W, but try to find seller who has this das cam without any logos / writings on the outside dash cam body / casing. This way your dash cam will be less visible from outside.

Good luck.

Givoe recommended this dod original one to me, looks awesome though still a risk over ordering another Lukas as I know what to expect there .

Not much info about it on the forum?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I had Dod LS300W for almost 2 month. Had within past 2 years around 20-25 different dash-cams starting from cheapest Chinese, going up to high-end Taiwan and Korean made ( still have most expensive iCaro B4, video quality is not good any more, but its still has the best functionality of 4ch cameras for car monitoring & surveillance purpose, cost 1050 usd ) + main dash cam LS300W and I can assure you that up to 200 usd there is no competition for LS300W at the moment. Very few dash cams can compete with ls300w video quality. Two very important things that no other dash cam beats ls300w ( by Feb 2013 ): Aperture F1.6 ( others have at the best F2.0 ), 15Mbps bitrate ( other high end models has 8-12Mbps, or 15Mbps hacked ), plus of course good quality CPU, CMOS sensor and lens.
I was probably the first in Europe who got LS300W ( straight from the factory ), but I did not had time yet to upload RAW files and as you know youtube videos are useless due to compression. Recently some other forum announced so called dash cams tests winners and ls300w is no.1 there ( price per quality ). I will not say that other forum name ( not sure if its allowed to "advertise" it here ), but if you Google, you will find it.

I will try to upload soon some RAW video files from DOD LS300W day / night / evening / sunny etc. and will post download links.

Anyway, I am not trying to convince you to buy ls300w, just sharing my experience. I would not mind to buy some high end Korean or Taiwan made dash cam ( money almost is not an option as you might see from my 2 years dash cams experience, I like gadgets ), but till now non of "other" dash cam makers could satisfy my needs as it does ls300w. Video quality at night is most important for me ( reading car numberplate, very little noise, etc ). Day time video quality can be good even on the 40-50 usd cheap dash cam, but shooting good quality video at night, - this can do only very few. Even many 300-400usd Korean dash cams can not provide same night video quality as ls300w.

From my experience there are only few dash cam that can match night time video quality of ls300w : Vosonic V747W and Vicovation TF series with WDR, however form factor is not for me. I need "capsule" type dash cam to hide behind the rearview mirror, thats why I stayed with ls300w.
Tomorrow I am getting another very interesting Korean made dash which is first dash cam with Sony Exmor + WDR technology and if I have time, soon I will upload some RAW video files and do a small review here.

Anyway, good luck with Lukas, -its also great dash camera ( I had one last year ).
Thank you for your attention

The Exmor is slightly ahead of the Aptina sensor in my opinion for night quality, viewed on a large screen side be side the difference is noticeable, it's not enough of a difference to justify the price though I don't think, the Aptina represents far better value

The LS300 was the first to take advantage of this new version Aptina sensor, you're going to see a lot more models with this same sensor very soon so there will be much more choice in the market, the standard is coming up which can only be a good thing

jokiin said:
The Exmor is slightly ahead of the Aptina sensor in my opinion for night quality, viewed on a large screen side be side the difference is noticeable, it's not enough of a difference to justify the price though I don't think, the Aptina represents far better value

The LS300 was the first to take advantage of this new version Aptina sensor, you're going to see a lot more models with this same sensor very soon so there will be much more choice in the market, the standard is coming up which can only be a good thing

Yes, I also support Sony Exmor, but this technology at the moment goes over 150usd in total for dash cam.
However having good CMOS ( Sony Exmor ) is not enough. CPU, right firmware and lenses ( big aperture ) - those factors are also very important. I happened to buy 3 month ago Jaewoncns iroad 3800FU with Sony Exmor CMOS but video quality was not what I have expected from exmor cmos. They had few software updates and only with the latest updates the video quality was slightly improved, but not the perfect like other dash cams which using sony exmor.
Monitoring Taiwan and Korean dash cams forum and online shops I can see that every week there are at least 4-5 new dash cams with good specs coming out which could be potential next big hit, but until you dont test them, - you dont know and it is wrong how many people judging dash cams without testing them, comparing side by side, etc. Just fancy advertisements pictures is not enough for me any more. "No todo lo que brilla es oro'' ( Not everything that glitters is gold ).

LS300W is also not the perfect dash cam ( I will try to post all bad and good things I am finding about it soon ), but if buyer requirements are like mine: similar form factor so it can be hidden behind mirror, LCD screen, good video quality and performance, budget around 150usd, then from all dash cams what I have tested, las300w is no. 1 at the moment.
Of course, as you mentioned " ... you're going to see a lot more models with this same sensor very soon so there will be much more choice in the market ". - this is like mobile phones market, never-ending story, - there is always will be better and better and better model.

I agree there's much more to it that just using a good sensor, I've seen plenty that give poor results that look much better on paper, can't judge a book by its cover as they say

It's also not just about performance, what about English manual, firmware, viewer, reliability etc.

That's one reason why I didn't get Itronics ITB 1000 HD SP - no English firmware, no manufacturers support as they don't want it exported, etc.

Looking forward to ls300w reviews / more opinions in future :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

niko said:
Only thing is that there is no voice on/off button. To turn volume on/of you have to stop recording, go into menu settings and from there you can operate voice rec on/of, but I dont see it being very important.

It seems that this is fixed with the latest firmware update 130328:

In recording mode, long press the “mode”button, it allows to quick switch Sound Recording
On/Off.

niko said:
They are 100% same product with about 15-20% price difference

Hello,

maybe I'm considering a LS300W or GT300W to buy. Okay, the GT300W costs a little less, but is the same camera as LS300W same manufacturer and with a different title?
I'm not doing anything wrong if I buy the GT300W?

Back