It sounds more like there may be an intermittent power issue related to car movement. Are you using a cigarette lighter plug to power it?

KuoH

My dash cam is set to record in three minute intervals, and I noticed that when driving on a straight freeway, it did record for three minutes; however, on the winding road, it had these strange intervals. I'm wondering if maybe there is another folder where these gaps in between the videos are. Or did it not record at all. Could it have something to do with the G sensor or motion detection since I was driving on a winding road?

I think motion detect too. It's terribly unreliable and may stop recording at moments while you're driving.

Motion detection in the novatek cameras (G1W, A118, Rexing, some DOD cams) is very buggy, it will literally stop recording for no reason.

... motion detect ... unreliable and may stop recording at moments while you're driving.

Generally true, but depends on brand / model. I wouldn't trust my Mobius in motion detect mode while driving, however, my SGZC12RC operates full time in buffered motion detect mode, whether driving or parked. It's proven itself to be totally reliable. I did once find an apparent gap in coverage, however, the 'missing' clip had been saved to the Events folder.

I've noticed problems with motion detect on a few cameras. What I did notice was that even though it is in normal recording mode (driving along), it suddenly realises there is motion & records it for however long it is supposed to...
I have also noticed with the G1W that mine can sometimes be 'glitchy' with a class 10 card - some days it runs all day without problem, other days it plays up.

So far I've only had one dash cam that motion detection worked well on. :(
(Papago GS110)

Awww man :rolleyes: i have just been in the same boat, but i was rear ended and my rear camera dident record it due to the buggy power supply i knew i had.

I have never used motion detect or any of the other "smart" stuff, i just power my cameras and let them record all the time in 3 minute segments.

But if i one day had to park my car in a place where i feel like recording would be good, i would just connect a 12 V battery to my 5 port USP power supply that run 3 of my 5 cameras, that should ensure i get 4 - 5 houres of constant recording on those cameras.

I do like the cameras that can handle motion detect while driving, that would be ideal if one was to use such a feature on a permanent wired camera.

Back