omegamoto

Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
Dash Cam
Hero 4/5, SJCAM M20/SJ7, Sony X1000V

Last edited:
you can redo the calibration, the results may or may not match what you have now, with a bit of patience they can generally be improved

There are a few people who have had to redo the sensor calibration with more care and time, several have apparently needed a 30 minute warm up time to get a good result and you do need a good, even light source (eg white paper in sunshine) so it is not something you want to do in a hurry just before an important recording session.

You can clear the calibration which may put it back to factory state but I wouldn't rely on that and I think everyone does end up with an improvement after a few attempts. Unless you are actually going to use it for recording in the dark then there is probably no point in doing the sensor calibration, I have never done it on my Git2 and I do sometimes use that in low light, but for video of fireworks in proper darkness I would rather use the Git1.

There are a few people who have had to redo the sensor calibration with more care and time, several have apparently needed a 30 minute warm up time to get a good result and you do need a good, even light source (eg white paper in sunshine) so it is not something you want to do in a hurry just before an important recording session.

You can clear the calibration which may put it back to factory state but I wouldn't rely on that and I think everyone does end up with an improvement after a few attempts. Unless you are actually going to use it for recording in the dark then there is probably no point in doing the sensor calibration, I have never done it on my Git2 and I do sometimes use that in low light, but for video of fireworks in proper darkness I would rather use the Git1.
Probably i have to redo it, how do you warm it up? I am worried putting it over my laptop (too hot) during 30'

Saludos, J

Probably i have to redo it, how do you warm it up? I am worried putting it over my laptop (too hot) during 30'

Saludos, J
just turn it on and let it record for 30 minutes. and your laptop probably doesn't get that warm - afterall, it's meant to have your HANDS on it, so it can't be very hot.

Factory calibration, user calibration, it's the same thing, you're not adding a setting you're deleting the current settings and updating the settings with new ones, there's no facility to backup the existing settings to be able to restore what you have now

Factory calibration, user calibration, it's the same thing,

Yes, at least that is how it was when I did the A119....so if you are not comfortable with doing the re-calibration then you might want to leave well enough alone.

Did you watch this video? After you format SPI there is no going back as far as I know....you are committed to getting the re-calibration correct after that.

Did you watch this video? After you format SPI there is no going back as far as I know....you are committed to getting the re-calibration correct after that.

you're just committed to doing the calibration, correct or not doesn't really matter as it can always be redone anyway

correct or not doesn't really matter as it can always be redone anyway

Oh yes, I didn't mean to imply it was a one shot deal, but when I did it on the A119, because I was following the GIT2 video it failed twice. And each time it did I had to start over from the beginning with formatting the SD card, re doing the text edit, etc.

Just wanted the OP to be aware that once he commits himself to re-calibration he will have to keep at it until he gets a "DP PASS"

Thanks guys, i think you couldn't understand me well because of my english but my question was not about the difficulty level of the procedure (which is simple) but how to reset it's effects if it was possible (and it's not possible - Nigel was wrong). So if you go, you can't come back to factory settings if you don't like the calibration results later. I know I can redo it until I am satisfied (I always knew it) but my question was not about that.

My doubts are solved, thank you.
If this is done in the factory, then format the SPI on your side, it can not recover to the factory status.
Don't worry, most of users got good calibration results by own work.

Back