1st test run....must have a setting off in the firmware

b1jackson

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So my first testing day was unsuccessful. All my video clips end about 5 secs after the car starts and the unit first powers up.
I'll hook the camera back up to the computer and see where I might have went wrong.

From the Manual...

Q. The camera functions normally but only records very short (5 sec.) clips and may turn off.

A. This can be caused by the following:

• The battery may not be charged. Charge the battery for about 2.5 hours until the green LED turns off.

• The battery is too cold to provide the power needed to record video. Keep the battery warm before using the camera in cold temperatures (around freezing and below).

• Check the integrity of your card by using the program h2testw to make sure your card is genuine and not a fake card that has been up-rated.

• The card used is not compatible with the camera. Use class 4 cards. Kingston cards are recommended.

• Problematic 64GB cards (or larger) may work better if formatted with FAT32. Formatting large cards with FAT32 is definitely not recommended. You do so at your own risk.

I have a genuine (not fake) Sandisk 32 GB card. I can't see anywhere where it says the class of card. There is a logo that says "HD video" on the packaging but no other info. I've just installed the newest firmware.

In the basic settings, I have the "external only" button activated in the Power On-Auto Record option. I'm not sure if this is right. I want it to turn on when the car does.

EDIT...ah, I should click the "both" button

Last edited:
If you still have problems it may be your card. Even genuine Sandisk's have given some people difficulties (Class 10 mostly). Others have been fine with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was just a newbie mistake when I set the camera up for the first time. I'll know for sure tomorrow on my commute. In my quick read of the manual and set up, I missed the step or clicked the wrong button for power on. I'm pretty sure it was jumping into standby mode and then powering down as I didn't push any buttons. All this because I set it to external only instead of "both".

Glad a good forum is here to help! Will update this thread tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ok....an update. I have it recording now but the opposite is happening in that it won't seem to shut off? I don't want it to keep recording once I shut the car off (such as stopping for gas) nor do I want or need it all day when the car is sitting. Do I have something set wrong (again!) in the interface?

I have both the red light blinking and yellow light flashing at all times. What settings do I have incorrect this time? It's powered to my cig lighter

Ok....an update. I have it recording now but the opposite is happening in that it won't seem to shut off? I don't want it to keep recording once I shut the car off (such as stopping for gas) nor do I want or need it all day when the car is sitting. Do I have something set wrong (again!) in the interface?

I have both the red light blinking and yellow light flashing at all times.

Your car's lighter socket definitely isn't permanently powered?

Power Off Disconnect isn't set to 'Disabled'?

[quote

Power Off Disconnect isn't set to 'Disabled'?[/quote]

Yes! That was set to disabled. Another rookie mistake.

So hear me out...I don't have the capacitor, so does that mean my camera just kept on running till its internal battery died (car was parked all day). It got a bit of a boost when my wife used the car at lunch....then drained again. And then fired back up and recharged for the 1 hour drive home?

[quote

Power Off Disconnect isn't set to 'Disabled'?
Yes! That was set to disabled. Another rookie mistake.

So hear me out...I don't have the capacitor, so does that mean my camera just kept on running till its internal battery died (car was parked all day). It got a bit of a boost when my wife used the car at lunch....then drained again. And then fired back up and recharged for the 1 hour drive home?

The Mobius does not come installed with super cap, just battery.

If you want it to switch off automatically you need to adjust settings in GUI. Power off needs to be set to 10 or so seconds

If you want to buy a super cap there only CA$6.84 delivered here:

http://www.banggood.com/Super-Capac...ction-Sport-Camera-p-918122.html?currency=CAD

yes, I set it to 10 seconds and re-saved my settings. For now, I'll just keep it plugged into the cig lighter but thanks for the link.

yes, I set it to 10 seconds and re-saved my settings. For now, I'll just keep it plugged into the cig lighter but thanks for the link.

Does your car supply permanent power to cig lighter socket? You say it was running off battery while plugged in and parked then you say you don't want it filming all day when parked?

Have you got motion detect switched on?

no, I don't have motion detect on and no permanent power to cig lighter.

Test number 3 will happen today! Will update the thread.

Yep....once I changed the settings I the GUI, all good now and shuts down after 10 secs. Thanks for helping a new user.

Back