2/3 channel mirror display: (front view +) rear view + parking view

LuckyDuke

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey there,

I am Sebastian from Germany and I just bought a camper van with no rear view mirror - because there is no rear window.

Alright, I was thinking that it makes sense to install a digital rear view mirror and a camera to see while driving what is going on behind the back of my car. E.g. a Wolfbox or any recommended chinese alternative.

However, I would find it smart to have another camera, which is directed to the ground, supporting me parking. I already checked some mirror displays but non of them supports 2 (additional) AV inputs.

What should I buy for my use case?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

Hertzlich wilkommen Sebastian.

I would go for a regular reversing camera + a big screen for that part of it all.
I just drove a big Fiat moving van with that, and it was quite nice to have back there, in that rental van the reversing camera was on all the time.
As for a dashcam in a van i would make do with just a single front camera, but some do allow for a waterproof rear camera that you can put on the outside of the van.

I just do not like the waterproof cameras, CUZ out there on the back they soon get a dirty lens, and so will not be able to resolve the small things very god, but of course any camera are better than no camera.

But with just a front camera you can still prove that someone hit you in the back, and that was not your fault, in Denmark the one hitting the back is always at fault CUZ when he hit there, chance are he have not kept sufficient distance or have not paid attention to traffic.

Thx. I’ll consider a regular reversing camera.

Besides that, any recommendations for a two AV Inputs digital mirror displays?

Back