2013 Dash Cam Trends

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thought I would start a thread on 2013 dash cam trends. We are almost 2 months in and here are my thoughts of what will be big this year.

1. WiFi - we are seeing more models being introduced with this
2. Dual cameras - seems like many more dual models are coming out
3. Touch screens - I wasn't expecting this trend at all but I keep seeing more and more models with touch screens. See this thread for 6 cameras introduced in the last 2 months with touch screens.
4. SDXC - we are starting to see cameras with the ability to use larger than 32GB cards

Those are the top 4 that I am guessing. Curious what others think.

Last edited by a moderator:
SDXC and WiFI would be on my priority list for this year, dual cameras yes, as long as the resolution is there, the current dual cameras are lacking in this respect, touch screen is not something I personally want to see, with WiFi I'd rather go no screen or minimal screen and smartphone access instead of adding touchscreen to the camera

DashCamMan said:
1. WiFi - we are seeing more models being introduced with this
2. Dual cameras - seems like many more dual models are coming out
3. Touch screens - I wasn't expecting this trend at all but I keep seeing more and more models with touch screens. See this thread for 6 cameras introduced in the last 2 months with touch screens.
4. SDXC - we are starting to see cameras with the ability to use larger than 32GB cards

Those are the top 4 that I am guessing. Curious what others think.

Interesting outlook :)

Agrees on point 2. There is an increasing demand for Dual Cameras @ Full HD 1080. ^Rumour^ has it iTronics will be releasing a Full HD dual package sometime soon (similar to the ITB500-HD). We envisage other reputable companies will also catch on...

Touch screens? perhaps can be seen as a extra feature, but not necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back