2014 Christmas Lights Around Southern California: Eagle Hills at Brea

hanstj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Insta360 One R 1-Inch Edition, Sony HDR-PJ540
Christmas Video Special: Eagle Hills community at Brea, CA. It is so amazing to see the whole neighborhood get together every Christmas season to create one of the most festive Christmas light displays in Southern California.

The video is not available :/

Still can't watch it.

Due to the songs I use in my video, the video is available worldwide, except Germany. For some reason, there are SO MANY songs that are blocked in Germany, and only Germany. I apologize about this. This is how YouTube works, there is nothing much I can do about it..

If you want, I will share the video file with you privately. I am uploading it to my cloud right now.

@ hanstj many thanks for posting the video a very happy christmas to you and all DCT members and guests alike.......I have emailed it on to family and friends......Ipol:) Christmas greetings from france

Wow they really go to town out there - there are some proper dodgy looking ones down this way. This year is probably the worst I've seen them over here to be honest and in lots of places they're really sparse.

These in SoCal look incredible and must take a lot of time and effort to get like that.

This was one of the local ones from a couple of years ago - these have been up for years and they're more than likely still there today.

Still can't watch it.

Hi Tobi@s,

I have sent you a private message containing the download link of the video. I am not sure if you have received the message.

Yep, I received it, thanks :)

@ hanstj many thanks for posting the video a very happy christmas to you and all DCT members and guests alike.......I have emailed it on to family and friends......Ipol:) Christmas greetings from france

You are very welcome and thank you very much for watching. Wishing you a very happy Christmas too! :D

In general, how common is such elaborate Christmas decoration in Europe?

I have been living in the US for 8 years and never realized until this year that there are so many Christmas light displays around Southern California. I am hoping to cover at least one every single year :)

Last edited:
It's not that common. I guess we are living after the motto "Less (decoration) is more".
There are still few people that love christmas decoration as much as you guys do :p

That's probably the most decorated house I've seen this year near my home:
dsc0822o0l9umjirw.jpg

Well here in Denmark we are quick to adopt American traditions and hollidays, we allso have the largest outside of US 4 of july party every year.

The x-mas pimping of houses are allso going on here, but not in the extreme like some Americans do.

One could argue that Denmark is Americas little obedient bitch :p

Roskilde. ( town )
25julelys2.jpg

Somewhere on the island of Bornholm.
OKT%2B2011%2B019a.jpg

I will see if i can swing past the town of Hinnerup tonight after the food orgy, they should have a lot of pimped houses in 1 street out there.
lysshow-julepynt.jpg

these lights synced to music are neat to watch. there's a Dodge dealership on US hwy 290 near FM 1960* that does theirs this way, but I don't have video of that. they have a small FM transmitter so you can listen to their music on your car stereo... but i'd hope you won't watch it from the highway while driving! ;)

- dubstep christmas lights

i think this is the first one with musical lights i ever saw:

This is the village where we are - Movie Maker screwed the frame rate though!

Well here in Denmark we are quick to adopt American traditions and hollidays, we allso have the largest outside of US 4 of july party every year.

The x-mas pimping of houses are allso going on here, but not in the extreme like some Americans do.

One could argue that Denmark is Americas little obedient bitch :p

Roskilde. ( town )
25julelys2.jpg

Somewhere on the island of Bornholm.
OKT%2B2011%2B019a.jpg

I will see if i can swing past the town of Hinnerup tonight after the food orgy, they should have a lot of pimped houses in 1 street out there.
lysshow-julepynt.jpg

Are you serious? That is very interesting. Why are you guys celebrating 4th of July in Denmark? Does the date coincide with Denmark's national holiday too?

To be quite honest i dont know why we have that 4 of juli party in Rebild every year, maybe its a backlash to all the Ex Danes who where smart enuff to get the hell out of Dodge in time.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0704/Why-are-Danes-celebrating-the-Fourth-of-July

A little walk down memory lane.

But we have a lot in common, for instance 1864 was no good year for either country, you guys was having a civil war witch cost the life on some 620,000 ppl, and here the Germans stole a huge chunk of our country witch we never got back though we had 2 good chances to do so. ( WW1 & WW2 )

Hell in WW2 we even payed the prize for the Germans occoupying us, the Germans "opened" a account in our national bank and started to write checks in our name, and we never got a dime back due to the spineless ppl we keep electing

I know its a little late now, but i just fell over this one.

I know its a little late now, but i just fell over this one.

wow that's pretty impressive, especially with the intellibeams on the roof in their little weatherproof domes. can't imagine how much time and money is spent on these. ...and how much their neighbors "love" them. :p

meanwhile i feel good about using two fence pickets and a string of lights (and about a thousand staples) to make a 6-foot tall cross to hang on the side of my (2-story) house. it's on the side so that it's visible to a major road about a block away. i have a similar one made with green lights hanging on the front of my house. cross.jpg

Yeah.
If i had a house i would have those on my roof all year, and since i would love to live with a good distance to the next house i am sure there will be a lot of UFO stories soon :cool:

Back