App Developer
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
none
Removed for now, sorry
Will update when it's released to public
See: 20140804 v1.0 firmware with changelog!

there's a new 0803 firmware update: 20140804 (finally a recent build)
Build date: 2014-08-03
Version: 1.0
Memory: External only
GPS: yes

Changelog:

• added russian
  • added video rotation (video upside down)
  • added key tone mute
  • recoded mic mute (keep mute after reboot. This was a bug, the MIC mute function will fail after the camera reboot, although there is still mute icon showing on screen))
  • added GPS stamp (speed in Kmh)
Important: Default language is German! If you don't understand German you can switch to English or Russian. Just enter the menu and search for "Sprache" and select English/Russian.
Download: I guess you know where to get it ;)
http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware
Checksums:
Code:
 File: firmware.bin
CRC-32: 8e805ed7
   MD4: d2f734a9d4a8c828ceb1aaa460d805c7
   MD5: 7869bd5b99769b3a8cb64d8945b8f047
SHA-1: f576a7e967cb72574154aee704b843f85e82c0bf

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you also turn off the startup sounds with this FW?

Thanks

No but you can remove it with A7Tool ^^

No but you can remove it with A7Tool ^^
Thanks but I dont trust myself not to screw it up and brick my camera. I might just fix this once and for all by permanently disconnecting the speaker!

Hey what about the 2 Card version? Is there a FW for that? I get the impression that those types are left over....

Could you add a GPS stamp in mph?

[EMAIL said:
Tobi@s, post: 80368, member: 3699[/EMAIL]]
Version: 1.0
Thought we had got to V1.2, why are we back at V1.0? o_O

@Tobi@s could you check the model number of the GPS, either physically on the GPS or if it is mentioned in the firmware, if I can find the data sheet for whichever model is in it I might be able to give you the detail you need to work out the km/h or mp/h conversion

Should be GT-1613-MKR
Not sure if thats the number you are looking for

dear Tobias,
can you help to remove this firmware from the download list?

when i send this "test purpose" firmware to Dan, i think we have made a agreement of keep it NOT RELEASED TO PUBLIC. see the mail chains below.
when the firmware is tested to be stable enough, we will release it to all the users.

Thank you very much.
Rayman @MEGtech

mail logs:
1.jpg
2.jpg

No idea whats the deal with the version numbers
the version number is base on the date.
for example, the first 0803 firmware release to you, it maybe call 20140808 V1.0
if you asked for some small changes, the next version on the same day will be 20140808 V1.1, then 20140808 V1.2
after this, maybe you asked for a big change, which will be marjor change for source code, and the firmware also come out on 2014.08.08, the firmware will be updated to 20140808 V2.0.

so, the firmware release date is higher priority than the V1.x

I can't seem to get my 0803 to see the BIN file.

I've copied the BIN to the root of the microSD card, turn the 0803 on and it just starts as normal. Tried it plugged into the mount and not plugged in at all, any ideas?

dear Tobias,
can you help to remove this firmware from the download list?

when i send this "test purpose" firmware to Dan, i think we have made a agreement of keep it NOT RELEASED TO PUBLIC. see the mail chains below.
when the firmware is tested to be stable enough, we will release it to all the users.

Thank you very much.
Rayman @MEGtech

mail logs:
View attachment 6728
View attachment 6729
Ooops really sorry. Released it because I thought the test period already ended. Removed it for now.
Sorry mate.

Ooops really sorry. Released it because I thought the test period already ended. Removed it for now.
Sorry mate.

Thank you very much, T.
If you are interested, we will invite you to join a new product test, on the end of Sep. :)

Thank you very much, T.
If you are interested, we will invite you to join a new product test, on the end of Sep. :)
Yeah why not, sounds interesting. New cameras are always interesting :D
Let's just hope that the state Bavaria doesn't prohibit dashcam usage on 2014-08-12..

Back