2019 Acura MDX install DR01

sleight

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, first time post. Had a heck of a time trying to find a ground point, with a couple washers and a nut, was able to attach to an existing exposed bolt.

Front view - not sure how I feel about the placement, but it's nearly invisible to passenger and driver. Not as clean as I would have liked. Maybe someone could opine a better place, open to hearing suggestions

View attachment 42372

Driver view - almost invisible.

IMG_20181009_172431.jpg

View of camera placement from side. Honestly with the shaded area of the windshield, I didn't want it to interfere with the video footage. I also wanted to run the cable next to the mirror console. I would have liked it higher near the roof panel for a more cleaner look without wires, but i guess this was the best compromise...
IMG_20181009_172434.jpg

Underneath the dash trying to find a ground point, I attached to an existing bolt. I tried just using a nut, but it wouldn't screw all the way, so I added two washers and it provided the firm contact I needed for the ground. This was by the far the hardest part of the install, only because i didn't have a socket wrench.

fullsizeoutput_6.jpeg

Last edited:
I would have mounted it on the frit with just the lens below

Yeah i thought about that too, but then the cable wouldn't be flush with the mirror. I'm still up in the air about placement, I guess with your suggestion less cable would be visible.

In my '19 RDX I mounted an X2-Pro on the frits with just the lens showing. With 3 cables there's no way I'm going to be able to make them all invisible so having the camera high reduces the exposure as much as possible. Will look better once I'm sure that's where it will stay and I put the cable cover on.
IMG_5242.JPGIMG_5244.JPGIMG_5245.JPG

In my '19 RDX I mounted an X2-Pro on the frits with just the lens showing. With 3 cables there's no way I'm going to be able to make them all invisible so having the camera high reduces the exposure as much as possible. Will look better once I'm sure that's where it will stay and I put the cable cover on.
View attachment 42376View attachment 42377View attachment 42378

Didn't even think about exposure. Good thing is nothing is permanent, I can always remount as you guys suggested.

Mounting under the frit also keeps sunlight off the cam so it won't bake in the summer sun.

Phil

Back