212 Lite not keeping time / date

joe384

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x DR590W-2CH, Cellink B
Hi,

My mother has a Nextbase 212 Lite however recently it has been forgetting the date, when I turn on the ignition the date shows 1/1/2013.

Looking at a few other threads this looks like a possible dead battery, can this be replaced?

Joe

If the 212 are a battery camera, then yes you can replace the battery by taking apart and sourcing a new battery with the same size like the one inside.
I doubt nextbase have a battery replacement to sell, so you will have to find something similar on the internet, and there is also a wide range of 1 cell lipo batteries to be found.

If you sell battery cameras you should also have the batteries, cuz we all know what happen sooner or later.

Surely the date/time will not be maintained by the main battery as if it was, then uit would loose it's time on an almost daily basis.
I suspect that there is a small 'keep alive' (Like the CMOS battery in older PCs) battery for date/time purposes as per the Blackvue (main batteryless) cams.

BUT. See jokiin's post below.

Last edited:
Surely the date/time will not be maintained by the main battery as if it was, then uit would loose it's time on an almost daily basis.
I suspect that there is a small 'keep alive' (Like the CMOS battery in older PCs) battery for date/time purposes as per the Blackvue (main batteryless) cams.
most cameras that use a battery don't have an RTC battery, they just use the power from the large battery to keep the clock running as there's typically a decent amount of reserve capacity available after power off

Thanks, I got onto nextbase support, I would have to pay for a repair as my mother does not have the receipt.

Nextbase have said the battery is £10 for a new one.

I opened it up to take a look (as we have no warranty now)

IMG_20200422_130107.jpg

I am not sure the capacity, but I may just buy one from nextbase, I doubt I could get one myself much cheaper.

I have a couple of spare mobius batteries, but these are a different shape

I received the new battery, one of the original solder joints on the board was a bit poor, but I got the new one on in the end.

Battery now lasts about the same as the new 112 nextbase we have now. (y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Nextbase Other 11
T Nextbase Other 2
J Nextbase Other 0
Back