2Ch Thinkware QXD900 View. 1080p+1080p. Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. LDWS

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
June 2014 Thinkware Co., Ltd presented their first FullHD+FullHD 2-ch. dashcamera QXD900 View.

Thinkware QXD900 View is equipped with the same features as FineVu CR-2000S / G. These are the two channel camera, each has Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor, to shoot in the full FullHD at 30 frames per second. Each camera has a viewing angle of 140g diagonally. Novelty has a touch screen diagonal of 3.5 inches and a variety of settings. Interestingly, front camera used NAND Flash memory cFeon en27ln1g08, which is characterized by high volume and high speed. Unit uses hottest Processor in 2014: Ambarella A7

But above all, it is worth noting the design and materials used to create new items. It turned out to be extremely successful, aggressive forms emphasizes the benefit frame of leather or artificial leather on the front of the body. In general, Koreans presented premium class dashcamera with some vintage and classy materials and form factors.

The manufacturer claims that Thinkware QXD900 successfully completed 144 tests from their list and will be one of the best to date in terms of reliability.

Features:
  • 2 cameras, 2 channels FullHD @ 30fps
  • 3.5 inch touch screen
  • Sony Exmor sensor for each camera
  • lens FOV angle 140 degree for each camera.
  • dual save function (backup)
  • LDWS (lane departure warning system)
  • WDR technology (wide dynamic range for better night video performance)
  • Filters: Super Night Vision, Smart AE
  • speed warning alert
  • support memory cards up to 64GB UHS-I
  • built-in power controller ( car battery discharge prevention function )
  • temperature sensor (protection against overheating)
  • capacitor for crash recording (SuperCap)
  • external GPS module
  • PIP (Picture-in-Picture)
  • brake pedal video recording function (do not fully understand how it works)
In Korea, on the device of Thinkware a warranty is 2 years, the cost of new QXD900 View is 419 000 won for the 32GB version and 469 000 for a 64GB version, initially selling price will be 20,000 cheaper.This is equivalent to $ 390 and $ 410 USD.

YouTube VIDEOS

Thinware QXD900 (1).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (2).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (3).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (4).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (5).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (6).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (7).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (8).jpg

Thinware QXD900 (9).jpg

That looks interesting - looks like the new Panorama has a fight on it's hands!

Thanks @niko, as usual you are on the ball!
Lots of stuff to look at in your post. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks @niko, as usual you are on the ball!
Lots of stuff to look at in your post. Thanks for taking the time.

You are welcome. I had this info right after it was presented 1.5 month ago, but I did not had time to post it here.

That looks interesting - looks like the new Panorama has a fight on it's hands!

Yeah, specs looks interesting. For sure 2015 year will be a lot about 2Ch FullHD + FullHD. Most important is how its performs. Future will tell.

I'm stationed in Korea and just got this installed by the Inavi people for about $470. So far I like it, though the installers did warn me that it will drain my battery if I don't drive for approximately 2 hours a day... Any tips on how to keep my battery from dying? So far I have just been unplugging it in the evenings and plugging it back in in the morning.

I ended up not getting the GPS module for it, so it doesnt show my speed or when I hit my brakes, not sure what other functions I am missing since I didnt get the GPS module.

if anyone has any questions let me know. So far I like it.

Whether it has English firmware or Korean ? If Korean then from where we can download English firmware and hot update ?

I'm planning to buy this QXD900 View+ Model.

In case QXD900 View Plus is having Korean Firmware, then my question is whether we can update the firmware with X500 which seem to be same model with smaller screen.

Last edited:
Back