2K EMBEST E61R (SJ8000) action camera

Dragonfly777

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
My 2K EMBEST E61R action camera review:

Last edited:
2K test VIDEO
After cutting video in Sony Vegas some artifacts of video appeared...
...in the original there are no such artifacts, if there is something subtle, perhaps because of the cheap flash card.

Jokiin Novatek support 4K 24 fps interpolated video! And I say that in my review. Anyway Novatek96660 can shoot 2K real video and it is true

I know that it is cheap Action Cam but it has Novatek96660 and Sony imx078 sensor. In my oppinion it is the same Action Cam like SJ8000 and it shoot pretty good videos. So it is the cheapest action cam on Novatec 96660 on Aliexpress for today. 56 dollars. In 2K it shoots exelent picture and as I say in 4K it is interpolated.

jokiin do you have a PC that can edit 4K? Do you edit video in 4K resolution on your PC system just one time? Do you know how much resourses of PC need to save and edit 4K? I save 2K videos after edition on PC and even 2K video are large size videos and long to save on PC. Have you at home 4K TV to watch your 4K real videos?

I'm writing about this because there is no need for today to shoot a picture at all in 4K because today there are not many who have a PC that will process such a resolution and there are no such TVs

in my oppinion 4K is a marketing move so people buy everything that shoots in 4k, but in fact people even can not simple see that 4K videos on their PCs

Last edited:
yes I can edit and play native 4k files no problem on my computer, I agree it is overkill for most, that is not the issue, the issue is products that advertise they are 4k when they are not, it's just an interpolated resolution which is false advertising and just confuses the consumer

I have no problem with these cheap cameras but they should advertise their true specification instead of engaging in poor marketing tactics, that's all

I think that the most common format that you can use all the same FHD 60 fps. It takes not much resources when editing a video and not much space to save it on your gadgets

yes I agree that manufacturers of cheap action cameras are cunning. but it is fact that Novatek 96660 honestly shoots in 2K? or not? what do you think?

Last edited:
changed the name of the article 2K EMBEST E61R (SJ8000) action camera
so it's better that there is no further dispute and speculation about this :)

Back