3-way battle Viofo A229 Pro vs Vantrue N4 Pro vs Vantrue N5

Rumpystiltskin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am looking for my first Dashcam and am having trouble deciding. I believe I have narrowed it down to the Viofo A229 Pro or the Vantrue N4 Pro or the Vantrue N5, but I am open to other suggestions. I have a 2024 Hyundai Kona. I thought I was good with the A229 Pro but then I saw that the Vantrue can rotate to see the side window which is a big deal if you want to record police interactions. Problem is I am not sure where I would mount it. I think the best place would be on the Driver's side up high next to the big black box behind the rear view mirror. I want the best video quality I can get as well as a good parking mode (I plan to go with 2 batteries under the seat). I have seen a few videos about the Vantrue parking mode not being great. As far as between the 2 Vantrue's I know the N5 does not have 4k in the front and the N4 does. However, 4 cameras is very cool and would enable me to see much more. I apologize if this seems rambling but I want to get this right the first time and I'm looking for your help. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Back