312GW does not automatically start recording?

Rip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 312GW does not start recording automatically.

It's fitted to a 2014 Audi S3 8V and is hard wired to fuse #43 (e-brake I believe) with a genuine Nextbase hardwire kit.

When the ignition is off there is no light on the Dashcam and it remains turned off, when the ignition is on the Dashcam powers up fine but does not start recording.

I get the same behaviour when it's out of the car and in my hand, it won't auto start recording when powered on.

It will record fine if I press the record button manually.

The memory card is formatted and the unit has a full battery.

There does not seem to be any settings in the Dashcam to enable/disable auto recording so I assume it is supposed to start recording automatically.

Same issue after a reset to default settings.

Please help :)

Last edited:
I've just updated the firmware to NBDVR312GWA-R06.4 and still have the same problem.

And my memory card is a Lexar 300x 32GB Class 10

Last edited:
This is a duplicate of a query that is being dealt with by Nextbase Admin in the 312 section

This is a duplicate of a query that is being dealt with by Nextbase Admin in the 312 section
Yes I found that thread (started by someone else) AFTER I posted this one. So I've hijacked it a bit and I'm being helped by a Nextbase rep.

Thanks for that. I was just trying to preclude you getting answers in two different places which generally makes the cut and thrust of the question/answers hard to follow if they are split across two different threads.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Nextbase Other 1
L Nextbase Other 0
T Nextbase Other 7
L Nextbase Other 3
Kremmen Nextbase Other 15
Back