312GW will not record on power up

Redline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problematic 312GW. Not a new problem....

Generally, it will not record when power is applied. Occasionally, if the power cord is removed and reinserted in the windscreen connector or the onboard USB socket it will record, but on the next and subsequent restarts it won't.
I have spent hours on settings repeating changes and doing hard resets and been through all the suggestions on various forums.
As suggested elsewhere, I have changed from the Sandisk 10 class 32GByte SD card to a Lexar U3 V30 128GByte SD 100Mbit/s read and 30Mbit/s write.
The device will also not accept a firmware upgrade. The device simply powers off and won't restart until power is removed and reconnected.
It will record if commanded to do so but not on power-up.
Haven't yet done a power discharge test, but, the problem exists even when the dash cam has been on charge for hours.

I have a 412GW which behaves properly in the same windscreen connector on the same cable and power source. Both this and a 402G are working on Lexar 128GByte U3 cards.
I know some might suggest a specific type of SD card, but the Lexar cards are well above the minimum spec specified. 30MBit/s write is getting on for 10x the data rate for 1080p.

I seem to be stuck with an all-but bricked 312GW. Anybody any thoughts or suggestions?

Back