322 Freeze

howardl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just exchanged for another 322, the old one has frozen twice, the card had been for ever formatted, firmware upto date.
Lost all confidence, when this 9ne dies I won't touch another.

What make and model of card ?

I've just purchased a new 322GW and setup according to instructions. Updated firmware (not via MyNextbase Player - as that doesn't work) to latest on Nextbase site. Wierd issue though. All stamps on film stop updating after about 3 minutes. Info going onto card correctly as Player continues to show speed and location (on OpenStreet map) correctly. Spoke to Nextbase support in UK and this is an issue that they know about!!! Firmware update to 23.7 now appears to have been removed from website! Time and location stamps are essential if you have an incident so this is a "not fit for purpose" issue.

Also whilst trying to update software during setup using MyNextbase Player it failed to download the update asking me to "check your internet connection and try again". This has also now been reported to Nextbase. WATCH THIS SPACE...

UPDATE on weird happenings! Now nearly a month into multiple emails and telephone conversations with UK support. Latest is that I followed advice to return it to default settings. Cured problem but left me with camera settings that I didn't want. Experimentation with what caused issue led me to reinstate my preferred settings one at a time until I got back to the time, location and speed stamps freezing. Was able to change length to 3 mins, remove Audio and turn Screen Saver on without any problems. But turning Dual Files off made problem pop up again. WHY OH WHY does anyone need both low and high definition files??

I exchanged for a 3rd time,
I've had it now for quite a few, weeks and behaved very well.
Turns on every time.
Firmware is 23.7..(i think).... I'm not going to upgrade, if it ain't broke.......

Back