412GW vs 512GW

Barrington2k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just curious of any thoughts or experiences on this please

I already had a 412 and purchased a 512 for the rear camera option. Was going to sell my 412.
But I soon realised getting hold of the rear cam was currently extremely difficult so I decided sack that,
Keep my 412, use that on the rear and the 512 in the front, both running independently

What I've noticed though I'd that when you compare footage from the 2 side by side the 412 picture quality is vastly better then the 512.

Surely this shouldn't be the case? The 512 looks fairly poor at the side of the 412.
The 412 is crisp and clear, the 512 is grainy and not very nice

Any one else thought the same? I'm wondering if mine may have a fault?

Thanks

What version of firmware is on the 512GW?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

Whatever the latest is that whey I'm on, I updated it a few days ago. The 412 is far superior to the 512 for picture quality

Whatever the latest is that whey I'm on, I updated it a few days ago. The 412 is far superior to the 512 for picture quality

I got the 512 a few days ago and have now realised this!! the 412 is much better, so whats the hype with the Sony Exmor sensor because as far as I can see, its a step backwards from the 412

I must admit, my old 412 had a brilliant quality picture. I would have kept it but no matter how much BluTak I put in the balljoint I could still see the vibration over less than perfect roads. That vibration reduced the picture quality so when the rock solid 380 was available I jumped.

I'll stick with the lower quality 380 lens resolution, 1080@30fps until something else comes along.

I also think the picture quality is less than perfect, especially at night time. Very grainy, blocky and blurred. Got worse with the rear cam.

Back