422 vs 522

DashCam11

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking on website there doesn’t seem to be any difference between the 422 and 522.

If I would buy I would get the rear cam as well so the resolutions for 422 and 522 would both be 1080 for front and rear anyway.

Am I missing anything? Does the 522 have better specs or anything? Minor increase in touchscreen size which to me is irrelevant.

Thanks

Hello,

The 522GW has a polarising filter inbuilt, whereas the 422GW does not. The 522GW is also slightly bigger and heavier than the 422GW.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

The 522GW has a polarising filter inbuilt, whereas the 422GW does not. The 522GW is also slightly bigger and heavier than the 422GW.

Kind regards,
Millie
Thanks. So nothing really, as can get polarised filter separate. Just struggling to see the difference, as no spec bump

The screen is a larger screen, a 3", whereas the 422GW screen is 2.5". If you added the polarising filter price onto the 422GW it would be the same as the 522GW, so I personally would recommend the upgrade option, however it's completely up to you as to whether you'd like to purchase the items separately for a 422GW.

Kind regards,
Millie

The screen is a larger screen, a 3", whereas the 422GW screen is 2.5". If you added the polarising filter price onto the 422GW it would be the same as the 522GW, so I personally would recommend the upgrade option, however it's completely up to you as to whether you'd like to purchase the items separately for a 422GW.

Kind regards,
Millie
Thanks, I will have a look. Still don’t understand why the 522 exists then as apart from 3” screen, there is no hardware difference that can be had from the 422.

To develop a product and just have a screen increase from 0.5” seems a lot of expense.

For some people the included polarising filter and larger screen is essential, it completely depends on what you're looking for :)

Kind regards,
Millie

Back