60FPS video mode

helg

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
M4+, miniONE, Mola N3, mini5, X5 Pro
Do you think there is a chance of switching to 60fps ?
Even less advanced dashcams support 1080@60, why mini5 should be different ?
AFAIK, the video processor is controlled by LiteOS running on the second CPU core and reads in the
default parameters from /app/param/paramdef.bin
I will be very happy to have 2K@60 instead of 4K@30 for mobile applications.

@helg I was taking down the Mini 5 to make space to try other dashcams. I had another car waiting to receive this Mini 5 as soon as the borders open up again. However, the adhesive had been baked hard under 4 months of tropical sun, and the plastics in the 4G bracket baked brittle. So I broke the plastic rings where the screws held on to (and below it the metal hinge lugs). So my 4G bracket is wobbling now (not to mention the magnet around the pin pads came off together with the camera body!).

I am planning to buy another 4G bracket when the opportunity arises (waiting for friends to order stuff from China to hop in on their transhipment). Not in a hurry anyway, it'll be at least 4-6 months before I can get this Mini 5 to the intended car.

Rather than throw out this electrically working 4G bracket, do you want it? I don't mind shipping it to you if you have ways to put it to good use. Just know that mechanically it's busted and no good for holding the camera. Probably could remove the PCB and SIM slot, and the flexi antenna and move them somewhere else to continue their service.

Rather than throw out this electrically working 4G bracket, do you want it? I don't mind shipping it to you if you have ways to put it to good use. Just know that mechanically it's busted and no good for holding the camera. Probably could remove the PCB and SIM slot, and the flexi antenna and move them somewhere else to continue their service.
It seems that you are the only one person in the world who has this 4G bracket! I don't know if the modem will work in Europe, but will be happy to buy it anyway
and even without the modem PCB (can you post the pictures how it is connected ?).
Let me know how to reimburse you the expenses.
I am also planning to buy the second Mini5.

The item is on Taobao, I needed a friend who's Chinese-literate to help me order it and arrange the transhipment via a forwarding agent. All in it cost me about US$60.

The modem should work, given that I had been using a SIM with 4G LTE on bands 900 MHz (Band 8), 1800 MHz (Band 3), 2100 MHz (Band 1) and 2600 MHz (Band 7). European operators should be using some of these bands as well, though I cannot tell you for sure which one the modem used to connect to my operator. I noted from Wikipedia that O2, DT and Vodafone are also serving Germany on the same 4 bands and more.

Please PM me your address, let me try check the postage charges on DHL and other couriers like UPS and Fedex. I will open it again for some photos on Monday. There's a big RF can covering most of the visible side of the PCB, one ribbon going to the camera connection pogo pins, and two pogo pins on board going to printed antenna on the cover panel.

Back