64GB card for Git2?

we can now use 200gb cards with the old chipset thanks to the new SDK, I'm sure it's not going to be a problem for the new chipset once the SDK is updated accordingly, it does take time

My thing is, with a 64gb card, at 1080p60 you get like 10 hours of video. You'll go through loads of batteries before you fill that up. That said I have two 64gb cards... But then I have two action cameras, so...

My thing is, with a 64gb card, at 1080p60 you get like 10 hours of video. You'll go through loads of batteries before you fill that up. That said I have two 64gb cards... But then I have two action cameras, so...
Hey, just bought the git2. It shows 4 and a half hours of recording capability at 1080.60 on a vacant 64gb card, full battery. What's the issue? Is the cam considering it a 32gb card? I had formatted the card directly from the cam when it gave me wrong cluster problem when I first inserted it. I guess 4 hours is too low for a 64gb card

Hey, just bought the git2. It shows 4 and a half hours of recording capability at 1080.60 on a vacant 64gb card, full battery. What's the issue? Is the cam considering it a 32gb card? I had formatted the card directly from the cam when it gave me wrong cluster problem when I first inserted it. I guess 4 hours is too low for a 64gb card
4 and a half hours is about right, the bitrates used by the current firmware have been increased since Gibson99's post. Plus, Gibson99's figure was a bit optimistic for a Git2!

do a one minute recording and check the file size and bitrate

Did a 1 minute recording indoors at 1080.60 without playing with any of the video settings in the cam. The file size came up to 202 mb with a bit rate of 112kbps. Is this normal?

4 and a half hours is about right, the bitrates used by the current firmware have been increased since Gibson99's post. Plus, Gibson99's figure was a bit optimistic for a Git2!

Hey, i am on firmware V1.6. Checked the video sample on my computer, the video quality was not good and turned out to be grainy. The video was recorded indoors. is this normal for the git2? Man! 4.5 hours seemed already low, and when i tweaked the colour settings to vivid, the duration dipped down to around 3.5 hours. I guess i need to buy a lot of memory cards now! Will have to test the camera outdoors and check the quality.
Sorry, but i am a beginner with action cams so dont mind the noobness :p

Thanks for the prompt reply guys!

The bitrate will depend on what bitrate setting you use, "Normal" is around 28Mb/s.

The Git2 needs plenty of light, it likes sunshine. Indoors is OK if you have studio lighting but otherwise tends to be a bit grainy and not very sharp. It is the same with most action cameras, having a 16MP sensor doesn't help indoors but is great for photos outdoors.

" The file size came up to 202 mb"
That should give you around 5 hours on a 64GB card, yes that is normal, and more than double the battery life.

The bitrate will depend on what bitrate setting you use, "Normal" is around 28Mb/s.

The Git2 needs plenty of light, it likes sunshine. Indoors is OK if you have studio lighting but otherwise tends to be a bit grainy and not very sharp. It is the same with most action cameras, having a 16MP sensor doesn't help indoors but is great for photos outdoors.

" The file size came up to 202 mb"
That should give you around 5 hours on a 64GB card, yes that is normal, and more than double the battery life.

hey i am really sorry, mentioned the audio bitrate like a complete noob. Checked the video bitrate and as you mentioned was around 28Mb/s under normal settings and about 36 Mb/s when high is chosen. Thanks for the reply, will play around the settings to get the desired video and yeah, will buy a lot of cards and batteries now :D

Back