Thetone

Reaction score
43 Maplecrest Ave North Providence RI 02911
Country
United States
Dash Cam
70mai Dash Cam Omni
Hello,

Just had this dashcam installed. I cannot get it to bind to my phone. It saying no internet connection. Does this unit connect via wifi or my phones mobile Hotspot? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thetone

Welcome to the forum Thetone.

You need both bluetooth and wifi ( not hopspot mode ) on to connect.

Welcome to the forum Thetone.

You need both bluetooth and wifi ( not hopspot mode ) on to connect.
I need help getting it to bind. Tried several times and got a message no internet connection. I'm getting frustrated since I can't review parking surveillance or anything on the app

Damn i totally missed your last two posts, sorry about that M8.

Yes the wifi on the phone, and Bluetooth too, its a bit funny it have to be this way, exactly the same as with my Dji Osmo action camera

I have some times at home tried that the wifi disconnect and jump to my home wifi instead, so i have disabled the auto connect feature for my home wifi in case i forget to turn that off CUZ generally i do not use wifi at home or anywhere else.
That is of course playing with cameras at home, my wifi do not reach from my 2 floor apartment to the car, so there i dont really see the issue.

I can try and make a screen recording of the process for you, but i cant do that before later in the day as i am on my way to the range, and i will not be home before dusk.

In the mean time i found this video, Dunno if that's something you can use.
Of course in the video they do not mention to turn on wifi and bluetooth, i assume as most phone junkies always have that on anyway.

PS: you can always click on a persons avatar and select " start a conversation " with that one person, or you can add more persons to the private talk, that idiots like me cant miss

BTW the no internet connection that's pretty normal for android phones at least, the damn thing freak out when there are no internet so it can mine your personal information, so it kick up the MSG that this wifi do not have internet connection, which is of course normal if you connect to a gadget of some sort.
The android phone will also try to remedy this asking you if you want to join another wifi

At least i think so, i am no phone expert, i generally hate the damn things and only touch my phone 5 minutes or so daily

Back