70mai Dash Cam Battery Pack

Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
Well it looks like 70mai is finally ready to release their first LiFePO4 Dash Cam Battery Pack for the US market.
US consumers will finally have a choice that’s not manufactured by EGEN Korea; (BBMC PowerCell 8, BlackVue B-130X, Thinkware BAB-95).

This first gen model will be a basic unit with no Smartphone APP, LCD screen for vital info, solar panel charging input, (may be added in the second gen model).
Official US release date, and MSRP is pending but I’m expecting within 30 days with an MSRP less than half of the current packs from EGEN, (around $150USD).
This much lower cost should make auxiliary battery parking mode available for consumers who previously considered EGEN packs but ultimately decided the price was just too high.
I’ve got a unit in route for full test & review that should arrive in 15 days.
Based on the product information sheet I already see some things I like compared to the packs I’ve previously tested from EGEN.

1.) It only has 8 LiFePO4 cells.
The EGEN packs use 20 LiFePO4 cells.
This means there are 12 less “points of failure”.

2.) It has a USB Type-C Output, (unclear if this is also an Input).
I’m hoping this Type-C connection has the capability to accept charging as well.
This is one of the biggest concerns for consumers that do not drive long enough, or often enough to fully charge the pack.
Previously with EGEN packs consumers must purchase a separate / dedicated AC/DC home charger for $60 to fully charge the unit when they don’t drive long enough, or often enough.
The capability to charge the unit with a Type-C “laptop” charger they already own will be a huge convenience, and cost saving measure.
@BlackboxMyCar
@viofo
@rcg530
@safedrivesolutions
@Vortex Radar
@kamkar

1 .png
2 .png
3 .png
4 .png
5 .png6 .png20 Cells EGEN Pack .jpg

Last edited: