70mai with external battery?

kingofxiaomi

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
I currently have a 70mai A500s plugged into the car with hardwire kit. After getting hit by a lorry few days back, I've realized and researched that the hardware kit doesn't enable 24/7 recording, but only standby mode which only turns on after a few seconds of getting hit. Instead of going the expensive route of getting a whole new set of dashcam with external backup battery (Cellink), I was wondering if 70mai cameras allow plugging in with Cellink or any external brand of dashcam battery? Will the dashcam heat up under the hot weather + continuous recording? Or in simple words, are they meant to be installed with external battery pack?

I apologise in advance as I am not savvy in any engineering terms. Thank you so much in advance.

Also, this:

Doesn't your camera also have the possibility of creating a time lapse set of pictures while parked?
Otherwise... yep, this system is pretty useless because if someone scratches the car for example, the camera won't start...

Doesn't your camera also have the possibility of creating a time lapse set of pictures while parked?
Otherwise... yep, this system is pretty useless because if someone scratches the car for example, the camera won't start...
Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it.

I was looking at the reply on the other thread. Sadly, I'm not that good with wiring and hardware to be doing that, that's why I wanted to take the route of just buying an external dashcam battery and plugging it into the 70mai. Was just afraid that the 70mai cannot handle being turned on 24/7 or something.

And no, sadly, the dashcam doesn't have timelapse mode..

Back