808 auto start/stop?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a version of the 808 that can be wired and automatically start/stop recording upon receiving power? And if I'm lucky, will it loop like a real dashcam? I'm talking about the keychain-sized one, not the square one. Thanks!

None of them auto start/stop but i know the #16 does have loop recording with 5 minute length clips. Check tom Frank's thread on the #16 at rcgroups forum.

Great find. This is the first time I have seen the 808 key cam with auto start / stop and loop recording. I guess this is a relatively new model.

EDIT...just realized there was another thread here on this camera that I overlooked before.

Last edited by a moderator:
sludgeguts said:
The 18A has auto start/stop
You can even buy an external lens for it - on a 15cm ribbon.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120-lens-HD-8 ... 257b42e9ae
The description of this one says auto-start and auto-shutoff. I received it and auto start is fine, but no auto off. It has "autoshutoff" option but it seems to continue recording until turning off manually. Is there a trick I don't know?

The camera will record until the battery will become empty. I don't know if a future firmware can solve this problem.
For this camera I think the best solution can be some capacitor or a much smaller battery. Maybe a 80mAh one? I already forwarded this ideas to the developer few weeks ago, but no reply about this. Maybe they are busy with the new 808 #26.

enjoy,
Mtz

Auto stop when battery dies is a bit misleading :shock:
Hopefully the 808 #26 has a true auto stop.

Yes, they promised to have the correct Auto-Stop function for the #26. But the new price of $100 is not making me very curious for the moment.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Yes, they promised to have the correct Auto-Stop function for the #26. But the new price of $100 is not making me very curious for the moment.

enjoy,
Mtz

That's right, I would buy instantly for about 70 bucs, but 100 is way too big difference to the #16.

Of course it has a metal housing, and it is 1080p, but still....

Back