900x 2ch hardwire to bmw g20 330i

Sonnybeemer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My first post here, and in need of some advise.

I took my car to an installer to get a blackvue 900x 2ch hardwired without a battery pack.
Soon after the installation I noticed the automatic start stop, stopped working. Secondly there's a warning message that pops up on the car middle screen about battery management. So far the car starts fine and runs fine.
Talking to the installer he suggests getting a battery pack fitted or he hardwires to ignition and to loose the parking mode option. Obviously I want the parking mode and the auto start stop option to work too. Plus from researching it seems these new dash cams don't need no battery packs due to in built battery management systems.
What are my options here plus what's the best fuse set up for the hardwire. I am not sure the fuses used but I can always find out. On site I saw him wiring mainly in the trunk.

Thank you in advance hopefully we have a solution bypassing the battery packs, if possible.

Here's the message I was referring to earlier

Attachments

• IMG-20220217-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220217-WA0000.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
the message you are getting is because the car measures the current draw when the car is sleeping and it has to be below a set level.
Do you know what circuit the installer wires it in to? How long have you got parking mode set to?
If you look on my install thread here I have linked to an install document for a bmw camera, this covers the G20 and gives the circuit they use so I would advise using that circuit and then retesting.
On my F36 I have only had it detect a high current when I set it to run for 24 hours as a test and it stopped after about 8.
The best install option is an additional battery pack if possible but you then need to drive enough to charge ot up in between park periods obviously.

Thank you mtrev.
Parking mode timer cut off is at 24 hours.
Low volt cut off is at 12.5.
Unfortunately I don't have the circuit information they used to install. But I look to ask them to get a better understanding.

That's the set up currently, the acc wire is to f273 and yellow wire batt wire is to f230. Any further advise thoughts on the set up. Looks like it's a 20amp and 30amp fused used respectively, if am right.

Attachments

• 20220227_110751.jpg
    20220227_110751.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 12
That's the set up currently, the acc wire is to f273 and yellow wire batt wire is to f230. Any further advise thoughts on the set up. Looks like it's a 20amp and 30amp fused used respectively, if am right.
Auto start stop will stop working when the car detects certain parameters aren't met (battery voltage, car temp, steer position).

It's just normal behaviour as your car detects something keep drawing power from the juice box after everything went asleep.

If you bothered by the error, disable parking mode or use a battery.

F237 & F230 is 20A & 30A respectively, make sure you installed 2nd fuse in your fusetap that match with the Blackvue's rating (5A I guess)

Back