9665SC not keeping correct date/time, question on GMT settings

Bakin' In TX

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2
Hey everyone.

I hardwired my new-to-me 9665 and set everything up. I find that its always an hour behind and the date will randomly change. I have set GMT-6 since I am in Central time in the US, but having this time/date change always is annoying.

How do I go about setting it and making sure it stays correct? I have the latest firmware on the camera and get a full GPS signal all the time.

Thanks

Hey everyone.

I hardwired my new-to-me 9665 and set everything up. I find that its always an hour behind and the date will randomly change. I have set GMT-6 since I am in Central time in the US, but having this time/date change always is annoying.

How do I go about setting it and making sure it stays correct? I have the latest firmware on the camera and get a full GPS signal all the time.

Thanks

For summer time please add GMT +1h to your local real time zone.

For summer time please add GMT +1h to your local real time zone.

I still think we should have some kind of sticky or FAQ on DCT that would explain the whole Time Zone/Seasonal time setting thing since questions and a certain amount of confusion comes up so often about this.

So if I am UTC-6, then on the camera I need to be at GMT+7

?

Thanks Niko
I think if UTC now is -6 ( "minus" 6 ), then adding +1 should be UTC -5h ? I am not familiar with UTC, but what ever summer time zone you have there just add +1 to it.

I think if UTC now is -6 ( "minus" 6 ), then adding +1 should be UTC -5h ? I am not familiar with UTC, but what ever summer time zone you have there just add +1 to it.

You are correct sir. GMT-6 is my time zone (I keep confusing it with UTC) so it would be GMT-5 after adding 1.

I'll set it again in a couple of hours and I'll see if that fixes it.

Thanks again

You are correct sir. GMT-6 is my time zone (I keep confusing it with UTC) so it would be GMT-5 after adding 1.

I'll set it again in a couple of hours and I'll see if that fixes it.

Thanks again
No problem.

Unfortunately, they didn't add a question to respect daylight savings to do this automatically. I guess it would also require the params, because some countries have different dates to change this. (US is different from UK, for example) I asked, and was told that there are no plans to do so.

Unfortunately, they didn't add a question to respect daylight savings to do this automatically. I guess it would also require the params, because some countries have different dates to change this. (US is different from UK, for example) I asked, and was told that there are no plans to do so.

the database table required to automate this is not practical to implement and maintain

confuses the hell out me as well, still, I just do everything by trial and error until I get the right time. clock forward an hour or back and hour, I keep forgetting. but up here in far north queensland I don't need to worry about it any more since moving up here, its always +10 no matter what.

Ok so GMT-5 works for what should be GMT-6, during daylight savings time. Once winter hits and we have to adjust the clocks again, do I set it back to GMT -6?

Thanks Niko and everyone for posting here. I did my first trial run this morning commuting to work and I love the thing. I do need a CPL though, despite having a dashcover there is still some glare.

we need a 3G camera that can connect to internet, or wifi that can connect to your home wireless or open network to get the time off of every time it connects.

we need a 3G camera that can connect to internet, or wifi that can connect to your home wireless or open network to get the time off of every time it connects.

like a cellphone? I mean we could find a mount and stick the cellphone on it... But I like how stealthy this 9665 is

wifi cams can be made to time time sync off a connected mobile phone

there we go, add to wish list for the next dual cam model.

Back