A 129 Pro Duo - Any way to increase the supported SD card limit to 512GB?

digaum

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all.

Bought this and been using for a few days, but even though I'm using the mid bitrate settings, the 256 GB card is not enough to keep that many hours of footage from the cameras.
I was wondering if a firmware update might be coming to increase the supported limit for this camera or if this is a hard - physical - limitation that can never be changed.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,
sorry I can't help you but I thought to buy A129 DUO (not the pro version). Can you please tell me how many hours SD card of 256GB can save before it deletes the oldest vid? Thanks and goodluck!

Hi,
sorry I can't help you but I thought to buy A129 DUO (not the pro version). Can you please tell me how many hours SD card of 256GB can save before it deletes the oldest vid? Thanks and goodluck!

Hi all.

Bought this and been using for a few days, but even though I'm using the mid bitrate settings, the 256 GB card is not enough to keep that many hours of footage from the cameras.
I was wondering if a firmware update might be coming to increase the supported limit for this camera or if this is a hard - physical - limitation that can never be changed.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
There is a firmware update coming, and I expect it to support 512GB, too early to be sure though.

Hi,
Can you please tell me how many hours SD card of 256GB can save before it deletes the oldest vid? Thanks and goodluck!
16 hours, although some can be used by locked files and some more by parking mode files if you use parking mode.

There is a firmware update coming, and I expect it to support 512GB, too early to be sure though.

Thanks!
Here's hoping that it'll increase support to 512.
256 is not enough for a full day, so I'd really love to be able to record for longer...

I was told recently the devs at the factory are working on adding 512GB support (for all or most of current VIOFO products) in a future via firmware update.

We are testing 512GB card, good 512GB card is very expensive. Current firwmare can support 512GB card if formatted correctly.
We are still testing for long term use and stablitity.

We are testing 512GB card, good 512GB card is very expensive. Current firwmare can support 512GB card if formatted correctly.
We are still testing for long term use and stablitity.
Thanks. By "current Firmware", when talking about the A129 Pro Duo, what's the latest version that would support 512GB?

And about being expensive, that's relative, really. The way I see it, it's an investment, as I'd have more time recorded and the peace of mind to know that I will have more of those recordings should I need to go back to them.
Fixing a car can be very expensive, but it can be even more expensive to pay for a fake insurance claim from someone else.

Thanks!

If you use the installed version, you can format the card to FAT32 to use the 512GB card.
Or you can upgrade to this beta version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vA1QPPLyvc6PbxciOCpu2He7Z-tTudpd
And format the card as exFat on computer after upgraded.
Thank you very much!
It's great to know that the version that came with my A129 Pro DUO already supports 512GB!
I'll purchase another endurance card soon and make sure to install it and test by formatting using the camera.

Thanks again.

Does anyone have any recommended 512GB MicroSD Card for Dashcams ??

Just to say that I bought a ridiculously cheap 512gb PNY Class U3 Elite X SD card from Wish (£7 plus a couple of pounds shipping but you have to buy two min - so I also bought a 256gb just in case).

It arrived amazingly quickly - within about a week - and initially didn't work when I tried EaseUS partition exFat 32 with a cluster size of 32kb. But found http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm (I think that I used the 64bit formatter rather than the 32bit) and so far it seems to be working fine. (It might have worked when I first put into the camera as it wasn't bleeping like when I used EaseUS - and the actual format function on the camera just hung. But I assumed that it couldn't be working so started mucking around with the Format option in the menu).

I might treat myself to 3 of the 1TB cards as they are £26 with the shipping. Don't know if they will work - but can't lose very much and I have a couple of laptops with only limited memory and I can use these as a secondary hard drive at this price.

Only problem is that you get inundated with tons of junk mail from Wish and unsubscribing took a couple of days to take effect. At this price is a bit of no brainer and if they don't last then it doesn't really matter. Just bin and put in a new one.

Just to say that I bought a ridiculously cheap 512gb
Have you tested the whole thing with h2testw.exe?

Normally, ridiculously cheap = most of the actual memory is missing!

run h2testw over that 512gb card and you'll find out what the real size is, if you're lucky you might have a 32gb card you can use

Just to say that I bought a ridiculously cheap 512gb PNY Class U3 Elite X SD card from Wish (£7 plus a couple of pounds shipping but you have to buy two min - so I also bought a 256gb just in case).

It arrived amazingly quickly - within about a week - and initially didn't work when I tried EaseUS partition exFat 32 with a cluster size of 32kb. But found http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm (I think that I used the 64bit formatter rather than the 32bit) and so far it seems to be working fine. (It might have worked when I first put into the camera as it wasn't bleeping like when I used EaseUS - and the actual format function on the camera just hung. But I assumed that it couldn't be working so started mucking around with the Format option in the menu).

I might treat myself to 3 of the 1TB cards as they are £26 with the shipping. Don't know if they will work - but can't lose very much and I have a couple of laptops with only limited memory and I can use these as a secondary hard drive at this price.

Only problem is that you get inundated with tons of junk mail from Wish and unsubscribing took a couple of days to take effect. At this price is a bit of no brainer and if they don't last then it doesn't really matter. Just bin and put in a new one.
:oops:o_Oo_Oo_O:facepalm: I'm afraid you got hooked into some fake cards. Wish is probably one of the least safest places to buy stuff, specially SD cards.

:oops:o_Oo_Oo_O:facepalm: I'm afraid you got hooked into some fake cards. Wish is probably one of the least safest places to buy stuff, specially SD cards.
appropriately named though, you'll wish you bought somewhere else :p

Your prediction was correct. When I looked at the files they initially looked okay and I had been able to open up the ones a few hours after I had installed the cards - hence my post like a dog with two tails. However, I have looked again and found that can't open up the latest ones despite them appearing okay in File Explorer. I've run some software tests on them and ahem let's just say that they are going to the bin. At least it wasn't an expensive mistake.

WHat software do u folks use to format the 512GB card?
Any other 512GB cards you folsk recommened...I'm based in the USA.

I also just installed the A129 Plus Duo and the 128gb is too small.

Back