A few concerns

rsizzlex

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi there,

Recently installed the 650 in my car.
I've had a few issues, in the 2 weeks that I've been using it.

I've put in a 64gb sandisk card - it was formatted on PC to FAT32 format and new firmware was put onto the sd card.
the main concern is that i can't play the videos directly off my phone, but i can play it on my pc after transferring it from sd to phone to cloud to pc.
a minor concern is that when i press the wifi button, it doesn't always get turned on...

anybody else that have experienced the same concerns?

Thanks.

Sizzle

What phone are you using? I have an old (4yr?) Motorola Defy (Android OS) and it's too crap (slow) to play video files from the dashcam after transferring via Wifi. It does however play the "live view" properly. I had to use an external video player app on the phone to be able to view the downloaded clips on the phone, and both playback and wifi is very slow. Wifi is also very temperamental, but I put that down to my crappy old phone.

I've put in a 64gb sandisk card - it was formatted on PC to FAT32 format and new firmware was put onto the sd card.
the main concern is that i can't play the videos directly off my phone,
What is your current firmware? If Ver1.009, please kindly reinstall it again. If you use Ver2.002, probably you need to use BlackvueC app to play.
Thanks

a minor concern is that when i press the wifi button, it doesn't always get turned on...

Mine wifi set in default, always off. You need to press it once and the wifi will be on for only 3 mins if it idle. So far I do not have problem with the wifi. What I have and if you may monitor too is the GPS logging. Sometimes it takes more than 10 mins to logged on.
Thanks

Back