A gift for him: Fine Vu Cr2000g vs BlackVue DR750LW-2CH

Fine Vu Cr2000g vs BlackVue DR750LW-2CH

• Total voters

Jj!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

Looking to purchase a multi channel dash cam as a present for my Fiance but I have no idea what I am even looking at! He's mentioned before the two different companies and that he was at first going to purchase the "Finevu cr2000g" but never did. However, he recently was looking at the blackvue and I'm not sure which is better to get for him. I did read the BlackVue DR750LW-2CH has low bit pixalation or something which is not very good? but it seems to offer a lot more? and I think that one is the only one that has a screen built in.

What he's looking for in a dash cam is something with a screen so that he can view it right there and then instead of having to take the memory card out etc/2 channel/ high resolution (see the license plate numbers etc if possible)/ large storage/ wifi...

Any help is appreciated!

- Noob Fiance ;)

BlackVue DR750LW-2CH is my first choice and second I will go with Thinkware X500 even without Wifi.

I like the video quality of the Finevu more, but I don't think it's as reliable.

I agree with @jokiin, you should look at Lukas as well, and maybe the Panorama X2 as well.

However, he recently was looking at the blackvue and I'm not sure which is better to get for him. I did read the BlackVue DR750LW-2CH has low bit pixalation or something which is not very good? but it seems to offer a lot more?

Camera bitrate is very important and the BlackVue's low bitratre is what causes this pixalation while bitrate is not the only factor in buying a good camera it is an important factor, and the lower it is the more blocky and less detailed a picture can look.

I'll be the first to admit I have never owned or tested one, but from what I read I am not a fan. Some members here like them, but I personally feel like BlackVue has dropped the ball too many times.

Older models with heat issues
2 channel models with the rear cable coming loose
Users having to hack the firware to put features in that should have been there
Lack of customer support
Ignoring current customers and models for their newer ones.

Back