a simple dashcam for motorcycles

aristosv

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
A couple of months ago I purchased a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 and installed it in my car. I'm impressed by it's size, simplicity and ease of use. You just install it and forget it. It's small, discreet, easy to install and gets the job done.

Now I want the exact same thing for my motorcycle. I've done a bit of research online and for my use case, I don't see the need for all the hassle of the INNOV options. (remote control, dual cameras, GPS module, a bunch of cabling and whatever else is included)

If I could install the Dash Cam Mini 2 on my motorcycle I would, but the mount is not suitable for a motorcycle and it's not waterproof.

I just want to install a camera that will power on and start recording video when I turn on the motorcycle. That's it. No remotes, no GPS, no shock sensors. If a GoPro could do this, I would get a GoPro, but I don't think they power on and start recording when they get power on the USB cable. You have to press the power button first. (let me know if I'm wrong, I don't have a GoPro to test)

Are there any options for what I want?

What I don't need
  • Rear Camera
  • GPS Receiver
  • Microphone
  • Remote Control
  • Parking Monitor
  • G-Sensor

What I do need
  • Front Camera
  • Waterproof
  • Night Vision