A tips to recover the broken files

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
Sometimes the files may be broken and are not playable on the computer. For example, if you remove the SD card while recording, the file is not saved successfully and you can not play the file.
Instead of using some tool to repair the video, there is a easy way to solve it.
Just go to playback mode, the file will be automatically repaired and you can play the file in the camera, then you can also play the file on computer.

This experience is useful also for camera A118C,G1W-CB etc

Does it new discovered method? ive dident saw this advice before.

Does it new discovered method? ive dident saw this advice before.
It is just our operation experience,but we can not explain it clearly,maybe Viofo can explain it clearly

It is just our operation experience,but we can not explain it clearly,maybe Viofo can explain it clearly
Not a new discovered method, but not shared before.
BTW, big size broken file take longer time for repair in playback mode.

Wondering if this might work on other Novatek-chipped cams? Seems easier than the usual PC-based repair methods (y) Knock wood, but I've never had a corrupted file problem here except with one failed cam long ago.

Phil

Sometimes the files may be broken and are not playable on the computer. For example, if you remove the SD card while recording, the file is not saved successfully and you can not play the file.
Instead of using some tool to repair the video, there is a easy way to solve it.
Just go to playback mode, the file will be automatically repaired and you can play the file in the camera, then you can also play the file on computer.

My cam has a corrupt file from a faulty capacitor. Camera lost power and shut down without properly saving the last video file. I tried this method with that corrupt file and it plays until about 4 seconds before the cam lost power.

Your method worked to at least be able to play the file, but does not recover the entire file. Any other known method to recover the whole file?

My cam has a corrupt file from a faulty capacitor. Camera lost power and shut down without properly saving the last video file.
then the next time you're ready to power off the camera, stop the recording first. :)
it's much easier to avoid corrupting files than recovering them. :)

Your method worked to at least be able to play the file, but does not recover the entire file. Any other known method to recover the whole file?

you're unlikely to be able to recover that any further, will only do up to the last keyframe

you're unlikely to be able to recover that any further, will only do up to the last keyframe

Correct....... Occasionally I edit a TV program with VideoRedo and if the power fails or Iv accidently caused one or whatever then the last frame at that moment is the end

Back