A118C Fix for Microphone Static

Mavalos

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello guys,

Just bought this camera yesterday and I had problems with the microphone. I was hearing a ton of static on all of my videos.
I decided to open the camera and found that the microphone was below the black tape that covers the capacitors.

I lifted the tape carefully and pulled out the microphone.
The problem was fixed after doing that.
Just used some tape to stick the mic to the capacitors and that was it.

Annoying problem with an easy fix. This is how the end result looked like:

IMG_0557.JPG

Hopefully it helps someone in the future :)

Nice and quite easy job. Saved you time and money sending back for return / replacement.

Also lucky to have no issue with SD card slot as I see there is the speaker glued on it :D

Hello guys,

Just bought this camera yesterday and I had problems with the microphone. I was hearing a ton of static on all of my videos.
I decided to open the camera and found that the microphone was below the black tape that covers the capacitors.

I lifted the tape carefully and pulled out the microphone.
The problem was fixed after doing that.
Just used some tape to stick the mic to the capacitors and that was it.

Annoying problem with an easy fix. This is how the end result looked like:

View attachment 12712

Hopefully it helps someone in the future :)

Hi, I am also experiencing a static noise issue with the audio recordings on my A118C dashcam, but haven't opened it up yet as I don't have access to it until later in the week. I'm wondering if where you taped the microphone on top of the capacitor is really the correct location or if it really should be taped to the side of the case or somewhere else. In your picture, I cannot see where the wires from the microphone so I don't know if there's enough wire length to place the microphone elsewhere.

Hi, I am also experiencing a static noise issue with the audio recordings on my A118C dashcam, but haven't opened it up yet as I don't have access to it until later in the week. I'm wondering if where you taped the microphone on top of the capacitor is really the correct location or if it really should be taped to the side of the case or somewhere else. In your picture, I cannot see where the wires from the microphone so I don't know if there's enough wire length to place the microphone elsewhere.

Yeah the wire is very short. I do think it could be taped to the side of the case though. I didn't do it because the wires looked very fragile and I didn't want to twist them too much. It's been a few months since I did this and so far I've had no problems with it.

I bought same cam from ebay. But i have same problem unfortunately. This noise like microphone is closer to the speaker. This noise is slanging, tinging.
What should i do?

Ps: excuse me about my first message. My mistake.

Last edited:
I bought same cam from ebay. But i have same problem unfortunately. This noise like microphone is closer to the speaker. This noise is slanging, tinging.
What should i do?

Ps: excuse me about my first message. My mistake.
I can't hear anything unusual. I hear people talking and playing and birds chirping... Then you said something at the end.

Maybe you're hearing the infamous novatek high pitch whine... It's high enough that some folks like me who either have some hearing damage or are just older (I'm only 37 but sometimes my kids pick up on high frequency noises i can't hear) and they just can't hear it at all.

I can't hear anything unusual. I hear people talking and playing and birds chirping... Then you said something at the end.

Maybe you're hearing the infamous novatek high pitch whine... It's high enough that some folks like me who either have some hearing damage or are just older (I'm only 37 but sometimes my kids pick up on high frequency noises i can't hear) and they just can't hear it at all.
Thanks a lot for your comment.
Shrill, high-pitched and irritating voice in backround. Like non set microphone or instant noise like microphone is near speaker by mistake.

I can't hear anything on that video either

Thanks @jokiin. I like your style. Your my favourite member for some reason or other.
I uploaded a new video at driving. Please volume up. High pitched and sharp noise on backround. Also try this; watch the video about 30 seconds and pause and play an pause and play...
Static noise on backround you can hear. If you listen so much you have a headache.

how about a recording where you're not moving, there's too much background car noise going on to be able to tell

how about a recording where you're not moving, there's too much background car noise going on to be able to tell
In my first video i am not moving and the thin and sharp mic noise still there.
Only am i hearing this noise?

which model do you have, is it the capacitor or battery version?
I especially bought capacitor version but i didint open it up and didint check it.
Here is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/311477891489
Edit:
I opened up the cam.
Microphone is in red circle.

55c941fd001c82bebc11b0744b5c5ae3.jpg

9b7daabf3b67edf12aa3cbb9365ec713.jpg

15112aef348b163049d886a5b272923a.jpg

Last edited:
ok that's interesting, this may have come out of a different factory, the high pitched noise is due to microphone placement, it's picking up the noise of the card, this was a common problem with the battery version (that's why I was asking if you had battery or capacitor version earlier), if you look at the pic further up the page the mic is on a cable and is mounted above the caps, getting it away from the card slot cured the electrical noise, whoever has done this one has put the mic back in the original spot, it does look neater like that but it does allow it to pickup the electrical noise emitted by the memory card

I understood you well. Thanks for the info.
So, what do you suggest to me? What sould i do? Can i isolate it some way?

I understood you well. Thanks for the info.
So, what do you suggest to me? What sould i do? Can i isolate it some way?

you could move the mic as in the first photo if you feel capable, that will eliminate the problem, some risk involved if that's not something you have the skill or tools to do correctly, an easy job for someone that does mobile phone repairs if you have any local repair shop you know

you could move the mic as in the first photo if you feel capable, that will eliminate the problem, some risk involved if that's not something you have the skill or tools to do correctly, an easy job for someone that does mobile phone repairs if you have any local repair shop you know
Ok. As can be seen at the stabilized ways in my video, i am living in a small village. My motherland is Aydın/Turkey. My job is in Şanlıurfa so, i can do it in summer season because of holidays.

Thanks a lot for your helps.
At least i learned that my cam has no batteries. It has capacitors.

Back