A119 unresponsive when plugged into computer

75Gremlin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Samsung Evo 32 GB micro SDHC card installed.

I bought it new a year and a half ago, and it has hardly been used. I decided to start using it. The date on the videos shows 5/2016 and I wanted to put the correct time and date in the unit by making the changes in the

When I plug it into the computer, none of the buttons are responsive (whether I quickly push them, or push and hold), except the on off button.

The record button always flashes red when connected to the computer, even after turning the unit on and off several times, and it records a brief (about 2 second) video while connected to the computer.

When on, the screen always shows a blue background with the white letters "Mass Storage"

Sometimes it comes on for a second on the computer and then repetitively restarts. Basically the small "autoplay" window showing "Removable Disc (E:)" with "Open folder to view files" comes on for a second, then shuts off and on repetitively.

I am able to view the video files on the unit, but unable to do anything else such as make changes to the date/time.

The owner's manual does not give instructions as to how to change the date/time

Thank you for any help. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
When plugged into a computer USB port with data lines (versus a 'power only' port) the camera will switch over to, as it says, 'mass storage' mode. When in that mode it no longer functions as a camera but like an external disk drive attached to the computer.

If you want to play with the camera outside the vehicle you'll either have to use a separate power supply (like a USB phone charger) or get a 'power only' USB cable that does not have the data lines. If using the second option be a bit cautious because many computer USB ports are under powered when it comes to supplying enough 'oomph' to run a dash cam.

Thanks for your response

I'm using the short "computer" plug that came with the unit.

By your response I'm guessing I need to set the date/time etc in the vehicle, using the long plug that came with the unit and that the computer connection is only for reviewing videos? Is that correct?

the small owner's manual is not very helpful

thank you

By your response I'm guessing I need to set the date/time etc in the vehicle, using the long plug that came with the unit and that the computer connection is only for reviewing videos? Is that correct?
Not necessarily, although that will work. If you have a USB phone charger the short cable should work just fine. It's the presence of the 'data lines' in a standard computer port that causes the switch to 'mass storage' mode, not the cable.

By USB phone charger I mean something like these - most CVS stores, phone/electronic stores, Best Buy, etc. have them laying around by the dozens.

Last edited:
Yep, if you have a Smartphone USB charger adapter then just plug into that.

Back