A119 V2 restating loop help again

Aboy6

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119V2
Hello everyone,

I’m here again. My A119 V2 was frozen all the time and after the suggestion here in the forum I did a firmware update and the camera works good for a mornth.

Now I have this problem:

The camera start normal, record for about 5 or 4 minutes. The screen start to flickering and the camera restart every 3 or 4 minutes not stop. I discover that if I cold down the camera en the AC the camera start to “works” fine for maybe 20 minutes.
I live in California and is hot and the camera is maybe 3 or 4 year old.

Any suggestions? Or I need to get a new one?

Please let me know.

Thank you guys.

Hello everyone,

I’m here again. My A119 V2 was frozen all the time and after the suggestion here in the forum I did a firmware update and the camera works good for a mornth.

Now I have this problem:

The camera start normal, record for about 5 or 4 minutes. The screen start to flickering and the camera restart every 3 or 4 minutes not stop. I discover that if I cold down the camera en the AC the camera start to “works” fine for maybe 20 minutes.
I live in California and is hot and the camera is maybe 3 or 4 year old.

Any suggestions? Or I need to get a new one?

Please let me know.

Thank you guys.
Plugged into camera or mount?

I will try that tomorrow. I will let you know.

Maybe your power adapter is weak or faulty. Or the wiring. Can you try another charger?

Maybe your power adapter is weak or faulty. Or the wiring. Can you try another charger?
I will try with another cable today. But the weird part is that I have that set up for years with our problems. All the problems start right after the I update the firmware in order to fix another camera issue.

Apologies. I misread your original post. I was thinking you meant the camera worked when powered by AC from the wall rather than from the car. Now I realise you are talking about temperatures and air conditioning. My bad. You can probably ignore my suggestion.

Apologies. I misread your original post. I was thinking you meant the camera worked when powered by AC from the wall rather than from the car. Now I realise you are talking about temperatures and air conditioning. My bad. You can probably ignore my suggestion.
That’s ok. I will try a cable today. Not sure if the camera is drying or what. I love my camera but, I know nothing is for ever.

If powering the camera directly fixes the rebooting issue, inspect the GPS contacts on the back of the camera. The 4 contacts should be flush up against the back the casing. If it is recessed at all or loose, then there will be a poor connection between the GPS and camera. Heat could cause the plastic to slightly swell/warp, making the connection even worse.

Attachments

• Mount issue.jpg
    Mount issue.jpg
    578.1 KB · Views: 10
If powering the camera directly fixes the rebooting issue, inspect the GPS contacts on the back of the camera. The 4 contacts should be flush up against the back the casing. If it is recessed at all or loose, then there will be a poor connection between the GPS and camera. Heat could cause the plastic to slightly swell/warp, making the connection even worse.
I will check that. Now that you mention that the camera feel a little loose that before.
Thanks.

I’m sorry for the late replay. Busy with work and life.
I have an update. My camera works with not problems conected directed to the camera and not to the GPS.

Any idea how to fix the GPS unit?

I have an update. My camera works with not problems conected directed to the camera and not to the GPS.

Did you inspect the contacts on the back of the camera?

Keep using the dashcam power connector. The GPS unit will still provide info to it.

Did you inspect the contacts on the back of the camera?
The contacts are good. Or at least I see them good. I cleaned both contacts, in the camera and in the GPs unit. Reconnect the power to the GPS and the same... give me power lost.

Keep using the dashcam power connector. The GPS unit will still provide info to it.
Now that you mention that, I did notice that the GPS is give it all the info to the camera. If that’s the final solution is ok with me.
The only thing is bother me is: what is the problem at the end with the power between the camera and the GPS unit.

The contacts are good. Or at least I see them good. I cleaned both contacts, in the camera and in the GPs unit. Reconnect the power to the GPS and the same... give me power lost.
So it doesn't look like the picture I posted above? Contacts are not sunken in any way?

Back