the new is brighter and more vivid and clear than the old, why

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 12
  • old.jpg
    old.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 12
They have used different exposures, maybe because the shadows have moved.

There is not even a minute difference between video shots.Could recording under the sun many times be causing this?

There is not even a minute difference between video shots.Could recording under the sun many times be causing this?
Sensors do age, but that looks like an exposure difference to me.

The shadows are a little different, but the exposure difference could simply be due to what it has seen before, you can't expect it to always use the same exposure for exactly the same scene, if a cloud comes over it will brighten the image, if the cloud disappears it will darken the image, but it may not get back to exactly the original exposure, exposures are adjusted gradually to avoid nasty flickering effects when passing bright objects.

I don't see anything to worry about.

Look at the detail and light reflection on the door.

Attachments

• NEW.jpg
    NEW.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 6
  • OLD.jpg
    OLD.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
If you're sure this is a firmware issue then stick with what you prefer

If you're sure this is a firmware issue then stick with what you prefer
He is saying that it is a hardware issue, same firmware.

From the last example, they appear to have different lenses, different FoV, and probably different anti-reflection coatings. I don't think that is what made the difference in the first example, but there are clearly differences. Since the newer one appears better, I'm not sure that there is any problem?

Ah, I missed that

We have seen posts where the lens focus was an issue on some units with some DIY fixes

As they age and maybe get direct sunlight and slightly overheat I seem to recall

Back