A119 video not smooth

JTBY

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Viofo A119S Iroad Q9 VAVA Dashcam
Hi all, i have a few weeks old viofo A119, and was reviewing some video footage taken earlier on. This video was taken on 1080p at 60 fps setting. I find the video not really smooth. Is there anything i can do to the settings to improve?

if you're referring to the jumping it looks like the camera is moving on the mount

Agree with this. I had a similar issue but mine was more prominent - camera was loose in the mount causing 'wobbly' video. I fixed it by tightening the mount area.

It looks like you've got the GPS version, which means you should have the non-GPS mount. Try that first and see if the issue still persists.

Yeah, Turns out to be the player, i tried playing on another player and it looks better already.

Thanks all, my bad.

Now to wait for the CPL

@viofo Just wondering, whenever the motion detect is trigger, the screen will also auto turn on?

@viofo Just wondering, whenever the motion detect is trigger, the screen will also auto turn on?
do you mean the G sensor? I would assume so. G-sensors can be hit and miss with their sensitivity so i tend to turn mine off - besides when i get into an accident i'm going to go home afterwards and copy the footage to PC anyway.

Yeah, Turns out to be the player, i tried playing on another player and it looks better already.

Thanks all, my bad.

Now to wait for the CPL
good-o, also bear in mind that if you choose to watch footage on a device like a phone, some lower-end handsets will not play 60fps video properly even though they claim to. have found that out the hard way when looking at other dashcam footage on youtube and it claims it is in 720p60 yet can't play it smoothly.

besides when i get into an accident i'm going to go home afterwards and copy the footage to PC anyway.
It is good to stay positive and think you can have only minor incidents .

enjoy ,
Mtz

It is good to stay positive and think you can have only minor incidents .

enjoy ,
Mtz
Hope so. Its just good there in the one time in a million that it does happen. Sort of like a trusty companion

Back